Optimal Settings 750ti
Greetings gents, 
recently set up a dell optiplex 7010 sff with launchbox. Its emulating Wii, Gamecube etc no problem but ps2 is abit hit & miss.. Majority of the iso's play but some just go black screen & others gave graphical glitches. I have the latest version of pcsx2 1.4.0 but im not sure what settings i should have setup.. Was wondering if someone could recommend what settings would be best for my setup?  

My PC specs are as following, Windows 10 64bit, CPU: i5-3470 3.2ghz, MEMORY: 16gb ram, GPU: msi geforce nvidia 750 ti

[Image: 3305ts5.jpg][Image: 30dib9e.jpg]

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-22-2018, 09:36 PM)whitewolfofwakanda Wrote: Greetings gents, 
recently set up a dell optiplex 7010 sff with launchbox. Its emulating Wii, Gamecube etc no problem but ps2 is abit hit & miss.. Majority of the iso's play but some just go black screen & others gave graphical glitches. I have the latest version of pcsx2 1.4.0 but im not sure what settings i should have setup.. Was wondering if someone could recommend what settings would be best for my setup?  

My PC specs are as following, Windows 10 64bit, CPU: i5-3470 3.2ghz, MEMORY: 16gb ram, GPU: msi geforce nvidia 750 ti

[Image: 3305ts5.jpg][Image: 30dib9e.jpg]

I think that first you should try latest build: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
Also looks like OGL render is now best option to use. Not sure that in 1.4.0 OGL was also so good.
OpenGL is definitely the way to go as it doesn't have nearly as many glitches as D3D10/11. That added accuracy comes with a slight speed penalty though. Definitely grab the newest 1.5.0 dev build from Buildbot, as there are a ton of fixes that aren't in 1.4.0. In your first screenshot, I'd disable Anisotropic Filtering. I could never notice a difference in picture quality and it really killed performance in my experience. In your second screenshot, those hacks are game specific and you'll have to test for yourself whether or not certain ones are needed. If game speed is your main issue, make sure MTVU is enabled from the speed hacks tab of PCSX2's main settings. Since you have a quad-core processor, enabling it should have a noticeable improvement if it was off. You can also tinker with any other settings in that tab to see if they help. Without knowing the specifics of your issue, that's about all the advice I can offer.
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
(05-24-2018, 08:29 PM)AeroAceX01 Wrote: OpenGL is definitely the way to go as it doesn't have nearly as many glitches as D3D10/11. That added accuracy comes with a slight speed penalty though. Definitely grab the newest 1.5.0 dev build from Buildbot, as there are a ton of fixes that aren't in 1.4.0. In your first screenshot, I'd disable Anisotropic Filtering. I could never notice a difference in picture quality and it really killed performance in my experience. In your second screenshot, those hacks are game specific and you'll have to test for yourself whether or not certain ones are needed. If game speed is your main issue, make sure MTVU is enabled from the speed hacks tab of PCSX2's main settings. Since you have a quad-core processor, enabling it should have a noticeable improvement if it was off. You can also tinker with any other settings in that tab to see if they help. Without knowing the specifics of your issue, that's about all the advice I can offer.

Cheers for the reply, I was basically after 1080p gaming from the pcsx2. Just grabbed the latest version of the emulator too. Regarding 'OpenGL' which one would it be, hardware or software?