Optimal Settings For Dirge of Cerberus FFVII Fullspeed?
have you tried GSDX in software mode with 3 software rendering threads? If that's no better, make sure the "Native" option is ticked in GSDX, if i recall this game does nasty things with the GS Plugin
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Sounds like something is wrong with his computer, I get the game to run on a q6600 and that's only 2.4ghz and a nvidia 430 GT. Yes at 60 fps, I suggest looking into updating drivers or hell, you might have malware/viruses that could be slowing you down.
yeh the game should be fine on his computer. I would suspect either something malicious going off or temperatures are skyrocketing if that the case...
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

i doubt it's either actually. i just formatted the computer less than a week ago, so everything on here is fresh, all updated drivers, etc. as well, i highly doubt heat is an issue, since i have moderate A/C in my room, and i have an Azza Solano 1000R tower.

i'll have time to tamper with it tomm, and i'll flood the topic with screenies then.\

so, after doing some quick math and research, i think i may have found a likely problem. seems i dont have as big of a power supply as i thought. think the lack of power could be a problem?

for those who are curious, i have a 55w psu. accordingly, my cpu takes 105w, the gpu is 400w, and thats not to count my case. i'd say my psu just barely cuts it.

more edits: after talking to a few of my computer nerd friends, it's agreed that i need a better psu, and it's possible thats my problem.
Intel Core 2 Quad CPUQ6700 @ 2.66GHz -- 4GB RAM -- GeForce GTS 450 -- Azza Solano 1000R Gaming Tower -- Win7 x64 SP1 -- Westinghouse 32" TV
[Image: 16373199.png]
No gpu in current existance, takes 400w.

the requirement there covers the entire system.
i asume you mean 550watt? 55w is a bit on the short side no? xD

it could be your psu yes because it csant produce enough juice, but the thing is i cant seem to run this game on fullspeed either and i have a similar specs laptop to your pc (i have a better cpu that is for sure Tongue)

plus i get these wierd graphical glitches, see attachment for screens, the right one is native resolution the left one is 2x native
make sure your emulator is actually being run on the geforce gpu.
(08-08-2012, 07:11 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: make sure your emulator is actually being run on the geforce gpu.

i am sure it is, or else i wouldnt have those fps to begin with Tongue
You need a hackfixed GSDx for this game. http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Question-...#pid175300 . Do NOT use it for other games, it will cause problems

Also checking Allow 8-bit textures gives a huge speed up on this one.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
wow that allow 8bit texture bumped it up 8 fps lol
that it can make such a difference in such a little setting.

the gsdx fixed the graphics problem *woot*

need to use serious speedhacks to play fullspeed tho.

thanks Smile