Optimising Persona 4
I see theres another Persona 4 thread on the front page, but I thought to start a new therad since my specs are completely different:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Dual Core 2.13GHz
5.5 GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4650

Every couple of seconds during anime cutscenes, such as the intro, the speed will slow down a bit and drag out the audio. In the game, I can notice the voice overs dragging a lot when there are several characters around.

I think most of my settings are default, except for the window at 16:9 and renderer at Direct3D10 Hardware - Can I change this to DirectX 11? My dxdiag shows I'm using 11.

Also, when it gets laggy, my fps drops from around 60 to 40-49, EE is around 100 and GS is around 30-50 I think.

Sponsored links

if you can overclock your PCU a bit, it'll help.
2.2ghz is slow, unfortunately.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hmm okay, I'll try that. Is there any downside to overclocking?
And is there any other settings I could change?
not much except using some speedhacks.
Since EE reaches near 100%, it means your CPU is giving its max...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
While persona 4 isn't a top tier hard to emulate game it does require a CPU in the 3ghz range to get full speed for all scenes. As for downsides to overclocking your CPU, there are quite a few, though modern motherboards have several safety features that prevent damage in almost all occurences. I haven't heard someone actually breaking their hardware from an overclock in many many years. That said, if you don't have the proper cooling or correct voltage control know that you will likely experience crashing till you reverse it. The key is to overclock in small steps and run stress tests each time.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Tried the EE Cyclerate in speedhacks but doesn't seem to do anything.
Guess I'll try overclocking later on.
Okay, overclocking doesn't really seem to help too much.
Are there any other suggestions? Or is that all I can do for the game?