Optimization Request
I wouldn't do to much of that on a Quad Core, unless your heat sync is phenominal. That is why i don't over clock mine. I'm afraid the heat produced by the CPU will overwhelm itself.
[Image: emja0x-6.png]

Sponsored links

That's some pretty high voltage there. Is that much needed for 3Ghz?
Do you know that raising the CPU voltage is The One dangerous thing with overclocking?
Just asking Wink
(11-13-2010, 03:24 AM)MikeSugs Wrote: HEY GUYS! Look what I did all by myself :3

.. 1.7v? Ouch. Hope you only plan to be using that CPU for a few weeks.

http://ixbtlabs.com/articles3/cpu/phenom-940-oc-p1.html Wrote:Our Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition managed 3400 MHz without increased voltage. However, Linpack crashed at the end of the test. We managed to solve the problem only by raising the voltage to 1.425 V.

So it's a good CPU. You should be able to overclock it, and you should be able to run it at 1.4v, which will be a LOT healthier.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
You guys are silly. I just bough a 3.0 ghz Quad Core and installed it myself. I dunno what you crazy people are talking about with clocks and volts.
(11-13-2010, 10:04 PM)MikeSugs Wrote: You guys are silly. I just bough a 3.0 ghz Quad Core and installed it myself. I dunno what you crazy people are talking about with clocks and volts.

You may not have overclocked it but you managed to run it on a very high voltage. On that level you wont be using that cpu for very long. And these guys arent silly they are trying to help you not fry your cpu.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
3.00 GHz (15x200) is the stock clock for a Phenom II X4 940. Unless the Vcore is just getting reported wrong, he overvolted his CPU without overclocking. That's not going to increase the performance of the PC but if the goal is frying the CPU, that should do it. Tongue2
Oh... I totally missed the volts... you better keep an eye on temperature to find out if it's actually overvolted... might fry it soon if it's the real volts and you better find out why it's like that.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I dunno what to tell you guys. Tongue

I just changed one piece of my computer and I've had this for almost a year or so.

*This = Every other component
Anyone online? I could use some assistance.
It is possible that the voltage is simply being mis-reported then. Cpu-Z is not infallible. Get some other CPU monitoring tools, like SpeedFan, and compare results.

Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team