Option for Nearest Neighbor scaling when changing window/output size?
Hi! I was wondering if there's an option to maintain nearest neighbor scaling when changing the window/output size?

Here's some examples (you'll probably need to look at them full-sized).

If I set my window size to 1280x960, I get an output like this:
[Image: Bn4zzi5.jpg]

But, I want my output to look like this (made by capturing the 640x480 output and doubling it with nearest neighbor in an image editing program):
[Image: YZ0nygK.png]

Basically, PCSX2 seems to apply some bilinear filtering or something just for resizing the image, and I can't find any option to turn it off. Since I'm doubling the window exactly, I ought to be able to end up with identical clean pixels, but it doesn't pan out.

Here's a comparison via a zoom-in on the car, PCSX2:
[Image: ebOXNYe.png]

My preference:
[Image: dbPEvJL.png]

Thanks if anyone has any answers!

EDIT: In doing some more research I found that (back in April, at least) there was a "Texture Filtering of Display" option under Shader Configuration which may have allowed what I'm looking for, but I don't seem to see it right now. Also found that back in February there was discussion of a linear_present GSdx.ini setting which might allow for it if set to 0, so I tried adding the line to my ini, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Still hoping for any information anyone might have!

Sponsored links

If you update to the latest development version from here, the "Texture Filtering of Display" option should be available under Shader Configuration.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
(10-18-2017, 12:55 PM)Dreadmoth Wrote: If you update to the latest development version from here, the "Texture Filtering of Display" option should be available under Shader Configuration.

Thanks! That seems to have worked. I was just on the stable release the whole time, haha. Probably should've thought to check out the dev builds, oh well. I appreciate it.