Options for North American Ps2 Users with PAL games?
With that post I pointed your sentence...you said
(08-22-2012, 10:56 PM)CubitFoxstar93 Wrote: ... but im going to try this shrinking method first, i still got the Verbatium discs so i do that and see how it goes. Heres hoping.........
and you never posted any result after that.

And btw,the instructions in the thread:
1.The program Xpert is really old version and it doesn't have the "zeroing the files" feature builded in so a external program(in a form of dll)is suggested to be used but since you are using Vista\Win7,that error is probably to be expected

2.The thread suggest that you should use the dll and register it using the .bat file but since the "program" is really old and it's probably not compatible with your OS,you get that error.

3.You don't really need to register that file,all that he does and replace the selected files with the same file name but empty.

You can duplicate what dll does by using tons of programs(you don't even need a program).
I don't know from where this is done in Vista\Win7 but in XP is
Control Panel=>Folder Options=>View=>remove the "Hide extensions for know file types"

And just create few empty text files and name them to the names(also change the extension)to the files you are supposed to replace by using the zerofile.dll

DE.D2B FR.D2B ES.D2B and IT.D2B

If you can't find the option...
Open Notepad=>Save as=>on Save as type choose all files and for name use the names above(create 4 files)

Sponsored links

(09-01-2012, 08:04 AM)vsub Wrote: With that post I pointed your sentence...you said
and you never posted any result after that.

And btw,the instructions in the thread:
1.The program Xpert is really old version and it doesn't have the "zeroing the files" feature builded in so a external program(in a form of dll)is suggested to be used but since you are using Vista\Win7,that error is probably to be expected

2.The thread suggest that you should use the dll and register it using the .bat file but since the "program" is really old and it's probably not compatible with your OS,you get that error.

3.You don't really need to register that file,all that he does and replace the selected files with the same file name but empty.

You can duplicate what dll does by using tons of programs(you don't even need a program).
I don't know from where this is done in Vista\Win7 but in XP is
Control Panel=>Folder Options=>View=>remove the "Hide extensions for know file types"

And just create few empty text files and name them to the names(also change the extension)to the files you are supposed to replace by using the zerofile.dll

DE.D2B FR.D2B ES.D2B and IT.D2B

If you can't find the option...
Open Notepad=>Save as=>on Save as type choose all files and for name use the names above(create 4 files)

So basically, I need to make 4 text files, name them those names you gave me and add those extensions then run the .dll file and im good to go? Sorry If I didnt get that right, i tried to understand what you said as best as I could lol.
The notepad way is alternative for the dll(the dll file does the same thing(create empty files with those names)so you don't need it)
(09-12-2012, 10:59 PM)vsub Wrote: The notepad way is alternative for the dll(the dll file does the same thing(create empty files with those names)so you don't need it)

OK, so I created those 4 files, i wasn't sure if those "D2B"s were the extensions but i tried that and it didn't pick it up as an extension, so I used the .dll extension for them. So for example, one of them reads "DE.D2B.dll" is that correct?
No it's not.
This is the correct way:
One file with DE.D2B for name(after selecting the All Files option),one file with FR.D2B for name(after selecting the All Files option),one file with ES.D2B for name(after selecting the All Files option)and one file with IT.D2B for name(after selecting the All Files option)

I don't know what's so hard to understand...you are just saving empty text file but rather than saving them with txt extension,you are saving them with D2B extension
(09-18-2012, 04:23 PM)vsub Wrote: No it's not.
This is the correct way:
One file with DE.D2B for name(after selecting the All Files option),one file with FR.D2B for name(after selecting the All Files option),one file with ES.D2B for name(after selecting the All Files option)and one file with IT.D2B for name(after selecting the All Files option)

I don't know what's so hard to understand...you are just saving empty text file but rather than saving them with txt extension,you are saving them with D2B extension

I tried to understand your post as best as possible to avoid a misunderstanding, sorry if I didn't get it right. Im not stupid, i just read it wrong i suppose.