Options for North American Ps2 Users with PAL games?
Look at the video if you don't understand something

Sponsored links

Ok so after that just put it in the ps2 and select ESR?
If everything is configured correctly,it will either run normally without having the select anything ot it will load the ESR GUI(depending on which version you have installed)
(08-15-2012, 09:16 PM)vsub Wrote: If everything is configured correctly,it will either run normally without having the select anything ot it will load the ESR GUI(depending on which version you have installed)

IT WORKED!!!!!!
(08-15-2012, 09:16 PM)vsub Wrote: If everything is configured correctly,it will either run normally without having the select anything ot it will load the ESR GUI(depending on which version you have installed)

Ok, so it runs but its in black and white and the screen if off, how can I fix this?
This is your TV problem....either it doesn't support the game color mode or you have to select it from your TV color mode settings(PAL,NTSC...)
(08-15-2012, 10:03 PM)vsub Wrote: This is your TV problem....either it doesn't support the game color mode or you have to select it from your TV color mode settings(PAL,NTSC...)

So after all of this work, i cant play it. Is there a single thing I can do to fix this, like anything.
(08-15-2012, 10:11 PM)CubitFoxstar93 Wrote: So after all of this work, i cant play it. Is there a single thing I can do to fix this, like anything.

(08-04-2012, 10:18 PM)CubitFoxstar93 Wrote: But this version was only released in Europe and thus that wonderful PAL video format prevents me from just using SwapMagic to play it.

Not seeing it in color is not a reason to not be able to play a game...this is your TV problem.

Can you run the original PAL version without ESR - No
Can you run it with ESR - Yes

With ESR/modchip nothing will prevent you to play a any region game but with Swap Magic,it will prevent you
(08-15-2012, 10:17 PM)vsub Wrote: Not seeing it in color is not a reason to not be able to play a game...this is your TV problem.

Can you run the original PAL version without ESR - No
Can you run it with ESR - Yes

With ESR/modchip nothing will prevent you to play a any region game but with Swap Magic,it will prevent you

So im screwed basically right?
Use some better TV,not from the stone age.

I use some normal crt tv from some not very popular brand(Elite)and I'm still able to play any region games(I actually use my monitor to play on my PS2 but the point is that my at least 7 years old tv is able to run any color mode games)

Edit
You can also try using GSM to set the video mode to NTSC
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f291/gs-mode...ack-61808/

gsm036 have less features but it's more user friendly