Options for North American Ps2 Users with PAL games?
(08-06-2012, 09:07 AM)vsub Wrote: Yes,on the newer version is removed the part that was crucial for loading FMCB without any.
On the older bios version,every time you start the PS2,the PS2 is checking the memory card for update for the DVD player and FMCB is using that fact to be loaded

Since you used FMCB to dump your bios,that means you have a older 2.30 bios.
The program that you need to run other region games(as I said you have to make a backup of it and batch the image before burning it)is ESR.
It comes with the FMCB installation package but you decide what you want to install.

Use uLaunchELF and check the mc0:/BOOT/ or mc0:/APPS/ for a file named ESR.ELF
If you don't have it,just copy it from the installation package to your USB drive(the one you used for the bios dumping)and use uLaunchELF to copy the file into the mc0:/BOOT/ folder
I do have ESR installed, so when I get the disc, I just have to do these instructions and I can play Forbidden Siren 2?

Sponsored links

1. For the Video Mode issue there is always GSMode Selector.
2. For the Different Region Loading issue you could dump an iso stick it on a USB stick and load it with OPL (super simple) or use ESR (more complicated though).
3. About patching games you need to know alot of RISC assembly language, which I guess is not your case.
(08-06-2012, 09:16 PM)CubitFoxstar93 Wrote: I do have ESR installed, so when I get the disc, I just have to do these instructions and I can play Forbidden Siren 2?
Yes,if you do everything correctly and the game is not one of those that don't work with ESR,the game will work

And about OPL,playing from USB is the slowest possible method and the compatible games are not as much as playing with ESR or with OPL from ETH or internal HDD
(08-07-2012, 12:41 AM)vsub Wrote: Yes,if you do everything correctly and the game is not one of those that don't work with ESR,the game will work

And about OPL,playing from USB is the slowest possible method and the compatible games are not as much as playing with ESR or with OPL from ETH or internal HDD

OK so basically, if one method like ESR doesn't work, then just do the other method right?
Yes but if you have phat PS2,network adapter(PS2 network adapter)and IDE HDD,that's the best way to play games on the PS2
(08-08-2012, 08:03 AM)vsub Wrote: Yes but if you have phat PS2,network adapter(PS2 network adapter)and IDE HDD,that's the best way to play games on the PS2

OK but having the slim ps2 is OK right? Btw why do I need a network adapter and what is a Ide Hdd??
The network adapter is extra hardware that you have to buy(hard to find)if you want to play from internal hdd on phat PS2.
In slim the network adapter is part of the PS2 but the support of internal hdd was removed.

IDE hdd are the old hdds,now everyone use SATA or SSD HDDs

On Slim you can play from the disk,from USB and over network(using shared folder)
http://openps2loader.info/8/
The loading times are like this(from faster to slower)
Internal HDD(phat PS2 only or advanced modifications on v12(I think)slim)=>from disk=>over network=>from USB
And the game compatibility is like this(from higher to lower)
From the disk(original of with modchip)=>internal hdd=>over network=>USB

I can't tell you how the compatibility is compared to any of those ways when you play with ESR but there are games that don't work with ESR too.
(08-09-2012, 08:27 AM)vsub Wrote: The network adapter is extra hardware that you have to buy(hard to find)if you want to play from internal hdd on phat PS2.
In slim the network adapter is part of the PS2 but the support of internal hdd was removed.

IDE hdd are the old hdds,now everyone use SATA or SSD HDDs

On Slim you can play from the disk,from USB and over network(using shared folder)
http://openps2loader.info/8/
The loading times are like this(from faster to slower)
Internal HDD(phat PS2 only or advanced modifications on v12(I think)slim)=>from disk=>over network=>from USB
And the game compatibility is like this(from higher to lower)
From the disk(original of with modchip)=>internal hdd=>over network=>USB

I can't tell you how the compatibility is compared to any of those ways when you play with ESR but there are games that don't work with ESR too.
Im not sure i follow, I thought that I could just burn the disc to whatever and use the ESR program to run the game. I hope this doesn't require a bunch of equipment and processes. I mean I really want to play this game but i just hope everything will work out and I can play it in the end.
To put it as simple as possible:
1.You must have FMCB installed - you have that
2.To have ESR in the memory card(it's part of FMCB installation package and if you didn't remove anything from it,then you probably have it on the card too)
3.Make an image(ISO)of the game by using ImgBurn
4.Patch the image with ESR Disk Patcher
5.Burn the game with ImgBurn(you choose the brand but the most recommended one is Verbatim and it's better to be DVD+R because +R can be booktyped(option in ImgBurn)that makes the disk as DVD-ROM which are like the original disks and the PS2 have less problems reading from those disk)

That's all.
What I mention in the previous posts are just different ways to play if you want(not from the disk)
(08-12-2012, 08:21 AM)vsub Wrote: To put it as simple as possible:
1.You must have FMCB installed - you have that
2.To have ESR in the memory card(it's part of FMCB installation package and if you didn't remove anything from it,then you probably have it on the card too)
3.Make an image(ISO)of the game by using ImgBurn
4.Patch the image with ESR Disk Patcher
5.Burn the game with ImgBurn(you choose the brand but the most recommended one is Verbatim and it's better to be DVD+R because +R can be booktyped(option in ImgBurn)that makes the disk as DVD-ROM which are like the original disks and the PS2 have less problems reading from those disk)

That's all.
What I mention in the previous posts are just different ways to play if you want(not from the disk)
Ok, I have ESR from reinstalling FMCB with the addons. So it sounds like this is rather easy to do, Ive used ImgBurn from fixing roms that had no proper cue file. So this sounds rather easy to execute. Once I get the disc, heres hoping everything works, this is the one game Ive always wanted to play so bad.....