Our Computers
Ok, so. My little brother has a Compaq computer with 2 gigs of ram with a NIVIDA Geforce 8400 and sinle core processor. His computer is running Kingdom Hearts 2 at like 24-27 FPS with semi decent sound.

I on the other hand am running even worse than he is on my laptop. I run an Alienware m15x laptop with 2.5 gigs of ram with Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT and core 2 duo extreme processor and I am getting terrible sound with terrible frames at like 17-22.

So my question is...why is it that I am running even worse with the better hardware.?

I know it might have to do something with my PCSX2 config, but what.

So I am here asking if anyone can help me configure my client in order to make the game run better. I mean it just makes no sense at all so please someone help me. :'( I know that should at least be in the 30's somewhere...:'(

Thanks in Advance.

Sponsored links

1. I have 3.36 gigs of ram which is more than yours.

2. I'm overclocking my computer.

3. Read the guide instead of making me configure everything for you.

4. Post your specs so somebody can come up with a good configuration.
1. Ram does not matter.
2. I wouldn't overclock a laptop.
3. Uh, actually that's the best idea yea.
4. True. But first, check CPU>MGTS if you haven't enabled it already. Should be a nice speedup. Btw. Speedhacks could bring you also fps. Try them. Which rev are you using? What plugins?
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
ILCDI is the one on a laptop, I'm on a desktop.
So you are posting things for him, which doesn't matter to him?

He should not oc his laptop. And I bet neither he or I care about your overclocking. It's not a tip which is usefull for him.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
He is asking why mine is faster than his, read his post.
(04-12-2009, 10:55 PM)yunsabit Wrote: So you are posting things for him, which doesn't matter to him?

He should not oc his laptop. And I bet neither he or I care about your overclocking. It's not a tip which is usefull for him.

[Image: Specs.png]
(04-12-2009, 10:59 PM)xIMDx Wrote: He is asking why mine is faster than his, read his post.

Ah, sorry I didn't guess you are his lil brother? (Btw. How could I???)

Well, The things I said before are still needed.

Proper config, speedhacks/mtgs and so on.
(04-12-2009, 11:02 PM)yunsabit Wrote:
(04-12-2009, 10:59 PM)xIMDx Wrote: He is asking why mine is faster than his, read his post.

Ah, sorry I didn't guess you are his lil brother? (Btw. How could I???)

Well, The things I said before are still needed.

Proper config, speedhacks/mtgs and so on.

What are you talking about with rev? What is that? Also I know the speedhacks but what are u saying when u say CPU > ....
Well:

1. rev = Revision. PCSX2 has beta files. (For most of them, you have to compile them by yourself). But there's a thread in the forum which have beta plugins/and pcsx2. These are often more advanced/better whatever.

2. Well, with CPU I mean: You go to Config then CPU. Check MTGS. OK That's a big fps boost for you.

3. Read the Official Guide. Everything what you should know is there. For more advanced questions at first you should use the search.(On most topics answers are already given)If not, post again.