Out of Memory Error
I recently received the Oh noes Out of Memory Error while playing Kingdom Hearts 1. I was hoping someone could help me out with this. I'm not very good with computers so please bare with me and I apologize in advance.

So I played through the end of Grandia 2 with no problems except for when it froze on the second Valmar's Heart battle towards the very end of the game. At this point I decided to play KH where I got the memory error about halfway through the game while fighting Dark Sora on Hook's ship. None of my games would load without getting the error. So I started deleting save states thinking that would help because I save often. It obviously didn't. After not doing anything for a while with PCSX2 I can now load games again but have no save states. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again or do I have to just play until it does and if it does just wait a few days and it'll resolve itself again?

Sponsored links

don't use save states first of all. second what are your settings
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
How do I save my game then?

Settings
EE-default everything
VUs- default everything
GS- disable framelimiting unchecked
frame skipping default
use synchronized MTGS unchecked
Speedhacks enabled, EE cyclerate 1, VU cycle stealing 1
Enable INTC Spin Detection, Enable Wait Loop, mVU Flag Hack all checked

I also just used this http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php
I applied it to the shortcut on my desktop though, is that ok?

Pulled this from the program log
Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8094 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed = 2.493 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7fbae3bf
x86EFlags = 28100000

PCSX2 version 1.2.1

only games I plan on playing right now are KH, KH2, and FFX all from ISO
(01-30-2015, 11:07 PM)saby0906 Wrote: How do I save my game then?

Memory cards
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
So if I save in-game it saves to the virtual memory card in PCSX2 and when I return to that game my save data will just be sitting there on the memory card? Sorry, the only emulator I've used before this is VBA and I just used save states on that.
(01-30-2015, 11:18 PM)saby0906 Wrote: So if I save in-game it saves to the virtual memory card in PCSX2 and when I return to that game my save data will just be sitting there on the memory card? Sorry, the only emulator I've used before this is VBA and I just used save states on that.

Yep, that's how it works.

You can use save states too - just don't rely on them. While rare, they can break or cause bugs and if that happens and you have no card save then you are hosed.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Great, thanks. Now I just need to fix this main out of memory problem from showing up again
(01-30-2015, 11:38 PM)saby0906 Wrote: Great, thanks. Now I just need to fix this main out of memory problem from showing up again

When you say out of memory do you mean the:

"GSdx out of memory - texturing temporarily disabled"

(or similar, not sure if I worded it 100% right)

or something else?
I have never had that out of memeory error show up on Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2 honestly. So this is the first time I am hearing of this. One of the ways to fix the out of Memory issue is to apply the 4gb patch to PCSX2.exe Here is a link tot he 4gb patch

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

It is pretty much needed to get the snowblind engine games running. But it should help in this case as well as using in game saves instead of save states which can easily break things.