"Out of Memory!" - just... impossible, with 6GB DDR3 (using 0.9.6) *solved*
well you could try using it (of course after enabling the SE_LOCK_PRIVILEGE thing) Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja

Sponsored links

(03-08-2009, 05:50 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: well you could try using it (of course after enabling the SE_LOCK_PRIVILEGE thing) Smile

Tried it, it didn't work... =/

I just will use it till the next revision of PCSX2 is out.
I hope it won't take 16 months, again... >:
Right click on the exe file of PCSX2 and hit Run as Administrator, or you'll get that second error, one about locking pages. To be logged in with an administrator account is not enough. Your ISO may be bad. Try a different plugin.

To the guy earlier, PCSX2 runs great on Windows 7, in fact a little faster than XP.

And just FYI to the other guy, 32-bit programs can access 4 GB of RAM. With the invention of virtual memory, a program's own virtual address space is its own; it won't be cluttered with other programs. Every 32-bit program has their own 4 GB of RAM on a 32-bit operating system (exceptions apply that I won't discuss or this little blurb will be way bigger). Whether you have enough physical RAM to run 80 programs all taking up 4 GB is another story. That aside, PCSX2 doesn't attempt to load the entire ROM at once. The second error about locking pages is because PCSX2 uses an optimization that tells the operating system to not attempt to swap pages out to the hard drive (for example if you're running low on physical memory and it wants to free up some), and that feature is only available in administrator mode.
who are you trying to address by saying "other guy" and "the guy earlier", why not just put their screen name. Glare
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(03-08-2009, 07:23 AM)Mystiq Wrote: Right click on the exe file of PCSX2 and hit Run as Administrator, or you'll get that second error, one about locking pages. To be logged in with an administrator account is not enough. Your ISO may be bad. Try a different plugin.

To the guy earlier, PCSX2 runs great on Windows 7, in fact a little faster than XP.

And just FYI to the other guy, 32-bit programs can access 4 GB of RAM. With the invention of virtual memory, a program's own virtual address space is its own; it won't be cluttered with other programs. Every 32-bit program has their own 4 GB of RAM on a 32-bit operating system (exceptions apply that I won't discuss or this little blurb will be way bigger). Whether you have enough physical RAM to run 80 programs all taking up 4 GB is another story. That aside, PCSX2 doesn't attempt to load the entire ROM at once. The second error about locking pages is because PCSX2 uses an optimization that tells the operating system to not attempt to swap pages out to the hard drive (for example if you're running low on physical memory and it wants to free up some), and that feature is only available in administrator mode.

I already tried it with right click and run as administrator, it didn't work; thanks.

(03-08-2009, 07:27 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: who are you trying to address by saying "other guy" and "the guy earlier", why not just put their screen name. Glare

yeah, shame on you! Tongue
I got it!!!! Wink

0.9.6 is working fine now... Laugh

I installed Playground, tried to use the VM one and after many restarts, safe mode, etc. I got the VM one to work.

After that one worked, 0.9.6 were working at the first time, lol.

Thanks for everyone here, the support here is great!

I hope that the project PCSX2 will never get down; it's the best PS2 emulator ever.

Programmers of PCSX2, you can be proud, greetings!!!

But, I don't really know what I did to get it work, it worked just itself, after I got the VM of Playground to work.
Odd. I'm also using Windows 7 64-bit, and with 8 GB of RAM and haven't had those problems.

I was referring to vsub and heftig, respectively.
(03-08-2009, 08:28 AM)Mystiq Wrote: Odd. I'm also using Windows 7 64-bit, and with 8 GB of RAM and haven't had those problems.

I was referring to vsub and heftig, respectively.

I think you miss the first word on my post...I've never even tried Windows 7 and since this is new OS and on top of that still beta I just said that this may be the problem(I didn't say "the problems is because you use Windows 7 and pcsx2 don't work on it")