"Out of Memory!" - just... impossible, with 6GB DDR3 (using 0.9.6) *solved*
I might be wrong here. Maybe the authors can help.

PCSX2 is a 32-bit application, so it can use 2GB of memory at most (4GB if it's large address aware). If PCSX2 needs a large chunk of contiguous memory, and its address space is peppered with stuff like randomly rebased and injected libraries, it might not be able to allocate said chunk of memory, resulting in an out of memory error.

edit: huh. loading a 3gb rom into memory would cause that kind of error, of course.

Sponsored links

(03-08-2009, 05:02 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: ok, first did you try running it as administrator? Mellow

(03-08-2009, 04:41 AM)Takoru Wrote: I just want to play my PS2 games again, because I sold my PS2... ;(
we don't support piracy here (you have to own a ps2 to be able to legally use pcsx2 Closedeyes )

@LuisR14:
Oh my god, piracy?! - It's a self-rip of Dragon Quest 8 and I copied my own BIOS of the PS2, before I sold it.
It's really not allowed to use it, if it's my original game and my ex-original PS2 BIOS? O__O" - That's... woah, dumb; because I bought the PS2 and the game some time ago!

@LuisR14 and Jasperking:
I'm running it as Administrator for sure! Wink

@Air: So it's "just" a problem with this revision that should get fixed?
Doesn't sound that good, but I hope the team is able to fix this, if it's not only a problem for me... - Good luck!

@All:
So it would, maybe, be possible to use an older revision? - I'll try it, but it's not that easy to find one... Tongue

Should I use the last PlayGround revision or the 0.9.5 revision, what would be the better choice?
(03-08-2009, 05:12 AM)Takoru Wrote: Should I use the last PlayGround revision or the 0.9.5 revision, what would be the better choice?

Use whatever works for you. I recommend trying the newer builds first.
(03-08-2009, 05:12 AM)Takoru Wrote: @LuisR14:
Oh my god, piracy?! - It's a self-rip of Dragon Quest 8 and I copied my own BIOS of the PS2, before I sold it.
It's really not allowed to use it, if it's my original game and my ex-original PS2 BIOS? O__O" - That's... woah, dumb; because I bought the PS2 and the game some time ago!
doesn't matter if the bios was from your ps2, once you sold the ps2 you don't have the right to have the bios (and use pcsx2 Closedeyes Sad)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(03-08-2009, 05:15 AM)LuisR14 Wrote:
(03-08-2009, 05:12 AM)Takoru Wrote: @LuisR14:
doesn't matter if the bios was from your ps2, once you sold the ps2 you don't have the right to have the bios (and use pcsx2 Closedeyes Sad)

Oh wow, I didn't knew that.

So it's luck, that my brother got his own one and is living in one house with me, for now... Wink
I'll just use his BIOS! =)

Edit: Just tried it with Bloodrayne too (an ISO of 967MB), I got the same error-message...
For now, I'll try and older version (Playground 1.0.0395)
I THINK I FOUND THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM!!!

[Image: ahat.th.jpg] (This message came up with the Playground build)

Now the only problem is, that my Windows 7 is german... - So not every step is the same like here (klick me)

I'm trying to fix this problem now!

Edit: oh god... - sorry for the double posting!
that doesn't apply to the latest releases of pcsx2 (since they don't use Virtual Memory) (the VM version of pcsx2 is obsolete).
Windows 7 64bit

(03-08-2009, 05:42 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: that doesn't apply to the latest releases of pcsx2 (since they don't use Virtual Memory) (the VM version of pcsx2 is obsolete).

So, it wouldn't help me afterall with 0.9.6?
nope Closedeyes
Windows 7 64bit

(03-08-2009, 05:46 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: nope Closedeyes
Okay, thanks a lot, so I'll try the TLB one...

Edit: The TLB.exe of the Playground revision 1.0.0395 is working.
I hope it can be fixed in a later version...

Btw.: What's the best graphic plugin out there for PCSX2 with my system?