Overclock
I got HP COMPAQ SR1904AP with the specs listed on my signatures. Can i overclock it?Cause i don't seem to find any tool to overclock this CPU. cause i've read the required specs to emulate PCSX2 at decent speed. can somebody help ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G

Sponsored links

Most probably not. Ready made PCs from HP,Dell etc don't have overclocking options in their BIOS. Not to mention most of the parts these have are low end/low quality so overclocking would probably either fail or be minimal.
Also, no matter how much you OC that processor PCSX2 will still be slow. You need a new PC altogether.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
no prob, at least can give some information like software or tools for good overclocking ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
When your computer starts up and begins to POST, it'll usually give you the option to press a button (in my case [Del] ) to enter the BIOS configuration menu, from there you will usually find the options to fiddle with your FSB, multiplier, and voltages to overclock your CPU.

If your BIOS menu doesn't allow you to do this, then you're likely out of luck and will not be able to overclock your CPU

If you can do this, I would recommend the following software to check the temperature and stability of your system to ensure a safe overclock:
Coretemp - This will show you the temperature of your CPU cores, if it gets to be around 70 C(on a Core 2 system) then you're doing something wrong.
CPU-Z - Displays info about the components of your computer.
Prime95 - A stress testing program, it'll max out your CPU's activity. After you overclock, run this for a couple hours while keeping an eye on your temperatures, if you crash or get too hot then something is wrong.
SuperPI - Calculates PI to a specified number of decimal points, good for simple benchmarking.
(03-01-2010, 03:02 PM)dietcoke Wrote: When your computer starts up and begins to POST, it'll usually give you the option to press a button (in my case [Del] ) to enter the BIOS configuration menu, from there you will usually find the options to fiddle with your FSB, multiplier, and voltages to overclock your CPU.

If your BIOS menu doesn't allow you to do this, then you're likely out of luck and will not be able to overclock your CPU.

ok i think i should stick to E7500 with 2.93 GHz and 512MB GDDR3 ASUS EAH 4350 HD (dxdiag read 1024MB,whatever)
can i overclock that by changing the FSB,multiplier, at the BIOS setup ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G