Overclocking CPU - Audio Too Fast
(04-07-2010, 08:06 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: So you're using an unsupported build... little detail to be left out...

Anyway press the F4 and Tab keys to see if they help at all, if not use the latest public beta or stable which should work just fine. The new GUI builds are not supported and can be glitchy so good luck with that.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-off...ta-plugins

Quote:You can talk about SVN and betas in here, but we do not guarantee support for those builds

Support is not guaranteed, but it never said it is unsupported. I'm asking for help, not asking to be waved away.

By the way, I just tested on the beta and stable, and the problem is still occurring. However, overclocking causes FPS to go from the limit of 60 to 65.40ish (which, also messes up the audio to make it exactly the same as the other version).

Sponsored links

Try the beta r1888. Runs these games well on my machine. Yours should blow it out of the water.
E5500 @ 3.6Ghz PNY DDR2 @850Mhz 5-5-5-14 ** GTS250 ECO @ 683/1674/1018
Quote:Support is not guaranteed, but it never said it is unsupported. I'm asking for help, not asking to be waved away.

And how is asking for help different from support? There is a reason we don't support alpha builds of the emulator. They can and WILL have various and major bugs compared to the releases and official betas.

So it a nutshell, use beta 1888 or release 0.9.6 or you're on your own.

This sounds like some speed step/turbo boost/ overclock gone bad anyway but we have no way of knowing if it's that or some weird bug of the SVN build so probably no one can really help.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-07-2010, 08:30 AM)Bositman Wrote:
Quote:Support is not guaranteed, but it never said it is unsupported. I'm asking for help, not asking to be waved away.

And how is asking for help different from support? There is a reason we don't support alpha builds of the emulator. They can and WILL have various and major bugs compared to the releases and official betas.

So it a nutshell, use beta 1888 or release 0.9.6 or you're on your own.

This sounds like some speed step/turbo boost/ overclock gone bad anyway but we have no way of knowing if it's that or some weird bug of the SVN build so probably no one can really help.

It doesn't say it doesn't support it. I'm only following what the rule says at the top of the forum.

Like I said, I tested the beta and stable and the same problem occurs, except the FPS shoots up by about 5. CPU-Z also confirms that the clock is 3200Mhz instead of 2800Mhz. PCSX2 is the only application/game having trouble with it (I even ran an hour of Prime95, it's a stable and solid OC).
I've had my PC run for 16+ hours of Orthos perfectly stable and PCSX2 insta-crashed so no, that does not guarantee your overclock is stable. You should reset to stock and try again.
Yes the rules say support is not guaranteed and this is one of the cases you won't get support for reasons described above.
(04-07-2010, 08:35 AM)Bositman Wrote: I've had my PC run for 16+ hours of Orthos perfectly stable and PCSX2 insta-crashed so no, that does not guarantee your overclock is stable. You should reset to stock and try again.
Yes the rules say support is not guaranteed and this is one of the cases you won't get support for reasons described above.

Not guaranteed means I might not get support, but I might get support. It's something I just have to try (support is not certain, but it is a possibility). At least, that's the dictionary definition of the phrase you used. I'm willing to try in order to resolve my issue with the emulator.

I've been playing all kinds of games on this overclock for days. All of them run better with no crashes, no artifacts, nothing. PCSX2 runs fine too, it's just running a little faster than it should be (thus my first thought was to come to the forum to ask for help on the issue). PCSX2 is not crashing, and my temperature is only 44C. It happens on all versions of PCSX2 I've tried, so this is not an SVN issue.
(04-07-2010, 08:18 AM)Crevox Wrote: Support is not guaranteed, but it never said it is unsupported.

The keyphrase is 'not guaranteed', which means that you're lucky if you're getting any & don't whine when you're not.

In any case, ever tried using the manufacturer's driver for your onboard soundcard instead of the one that came with Windows 7?
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
(04-07-2010, 08:46 AM)k1net1cs Wrote:
(04-07-2010, 08:18 AM)Crevox Wrote: Support is not guaranteed, but it never said it is unsupported.

The keyphrase is 'not guaranteed', which means that you're lucky if you're getting any & don't whine when you're not.

In any case, ever tried using the manufacturer's driver for your onboard soundcard instead of the one that came with Windows 7?

Yeah, I'm using the manufacturer driver (the latest version).
What's your mobo make & model?
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
I just noticed you're running from a DVD disc. Make an ISO of your disc and use the internal ISO reader to play, that could do it. Also try disabling 5.1 expansion in SPU2-X