Overclocking EE more than the slider limit
Hello,how can I overclock the EE more than the slider limit,which is 50% ?
I wanna go full power and let PCSX2 use 100% of my PC resources.Right now it only uses 20% of my CPU usage and I expect that I can overclock the EE.
The EE usage rarely reaches 50% and I want to overclock it more for fun.

Sponsored links

PCSX2 will only use 3 cores with the MTVU hack enabled. Overclocking/Underclocking the EE cycle rate can have a negative speed impact on games. You should only use it if there's performance issues with the normal speed. The EE usage reaching 50% probably means the game is either GS bottlenecked, or well-optimized Smile
(12-06-2017, 11:02 PM)CK1 Wrote: PCSX2 will only use 3 cores with the MTVU hack enabled. Overclocking/Underclocking the EE cycle rate can have a negative speed impact on games. You should only use it if there's performance issues with the normal speed. The EE usage reaching 50% probably means the game is either GS bottlenecked, or well-optimized Smile

The EE usage rarely reaches 50% , doesn't that mean it's good?
and what does the GS bottlenecked means?
Does it mean the GS usage reaching 100% ?
The EE reaching 50% basically means the EE isn't bottlenecking your speed. The GS reaching 100% means that the game is likely graphically intensive. If you really need more speed, you can lower some of the settings and/or Blending Accuracy if you're using OpenGL.
(12-06-2017, 11:27 PM)CK1 Wrote: The EE reaching 50% basically means the EE isn't bottlenecking your speed. The GS reaching 100% means that the game is likely graphically intensive. If you really need more speed, you can lower some of the settings and/or Blending Accuracy if you're using OpenGL.

I have enough speed,it's just that I wanted to overclock the EE to see if I can increase the in-game fps.
Cant you disable fps limiter ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-06-2017, 11:39 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Cant you disable fps limiter ?

I'm talking about the in-game fps, not the fps shown at the PCSX2 window
Oh this. Then, no you would need an fps patch to double or triple the frames rendered In game. Like the ones for kingdom hearts.
(12-06-2017, 11:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Oh this. Then, no you would need an fps patch to double or triple the frames rendered In game. Like the ones for kingdom hearts.

Well,I did install the cheat/patch but the gameplay still looks like it's 30 FPS
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.