Overclocking not working
Try enabling/disabling the "allow 8-bit texture" option in GSdx.

Could be some kind of throttling, check with coretemp/cpu-z if the CPU is actually running at those clocks. Check the graphic card's clocks too just in case (GPU-Z or the ATI CCC).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Nothing.

CPU-Z says that the CPU is running Overclocked. Also the GPU is running fine, even with Gsdx in null mode. 8 bit texture does nothing.
Solved.
Doing the OverClock in the Bios solves all the problems.

I was using a program to be able to change the FSB inside windows, and (I don't know why) it was causing this issue.
Maybe it has smt to do with the system the emu uses to sincronise itself.
(07-15-2010, 11:18 PM)DXeros Wrote: Checked MGS3. Same thing.

You want to know why? It's not a bottleneck of CPU speed, but it could be cache or RAM, and if changing resolution doesn't affect your graphics card, it's just the speed of the emulation. Possibly you could force framerate to max out EE or if you don't get any more framerate just fiddle with the speedhacks and floating point settings (like clamp and rounding) to see what works for you.

But you have enough CPU speed you could switch one of those VU units or that IOP to interpreter and still get real-time speed with possibly higher execution accuracy... but I doubt it, recompiler seems to work a charm, though I don't see the difference between the two besides the speed.

Oh wait, you say you didn't do your overclock in the bios? Oh, that makes sense.

By the way, PCSX2 doesn't max out CPU cycles anyways, the highest I can get is literally 90%, but then again how much CPU out of two logical cores to emulate the Emotion Engine, 2 Vector Units and In Out Processor do you really need? On average, at least 6.4 or more billion floating point operations per second, 6.4 is just for FFX with speedhacks, needing 12.5 without, for a game like MGS3 you need 9-10 with speedhacks and up to 12-14 without.

There is an easy way to measure floating point operations per second (Core 2 Duo does 4x or more of Pentium 4's work at the same frequency, 2x per core), but if you were measuring among CPUs of the same architecture, regardless of frequency you could just use real time to measure.

I've got 4.25 gigaflops and then an additional 5-50% from Hyperthreading. PCSX2 benefits quite massively from Hyperthreading, allowing my processor to run games faster than any non-HT enabled Pentium 4 up to 6.3 ghz (the equal would be a 1.6 ghz Core 2 Duo as I mentioned.)

That means MGS3 is going to take a 2-3 ghz Core 2 Duo to achieve playable speeds... possibly.

And you see, by floating point operations we can estimate. My Prescott is probably doing 10-20x the amount of floating point work that the PS2 did (in order to emulate the environment that is running the game, I.E. The PS2 Virtual Machine), probably much more combined with the work my 8600GT is doing.
CPU: Pentium D 'Presler' 915 2.8 ghz 2x2MB L2 @ 3.5 ghz
GPU: eVGA [Nvidia] 8600GT 256MB SSC DDR3
Tested: FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, MGS3, KH, KH2, The Hobbit NTSC
PCSX2 FTW! Biggrin
I need help pleas by pcsx2.
I start the game and its come Appcrash Problem. I speack german
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: pcsx2t.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.0.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 47376929
Fehlermodulname: pcsx2t.exe
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 47376929
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 0002e836
Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 2055
Zusatzinformation 1: 921d
Zusatzinformation 2: b34da3ab9622f2e68b340cfe481529e0
Zusatzinformation 3: a759
Zusatzinformation 4: 811e28f2a984ea6627d66ee01c171876
(07-23-2010, 07:54 PM)Dangerousd777 Wrote:
(07-15-2010, 11:18 PM)DXeros Wrote: Checked MGS3. Same thing.

You want to know why? It's not a bottleneck of CPU speed, but it could be cache or RAM, and if changing resolution doesn't affect your graphics card, it's just the speed of the emulation. Possibly you could force framerate to max out EE or if you don't get any more framerate just fiddle with the speedhacks and floating point settings (like clamp and rounding) to see what works for you.

But you have enough CPU speed you could switch one of those VU units or that IOP to interpreter and still get real-time speed with possibly higher execution accuracy... but I doubt it, recompiler seems to work a charm, though I don't see the difference between the two besides the speed.

Oh wait, you say you didn't do your overclock in the bios? Oh, that makes sense.

By the way, PCSX2 doesn't max out CPU cycles anyways, the highest I can get is literally 90%, but then again how much CPU out of two logical cores to emulate the Emotion Engine, 2 Vector Units and In Out Processor do you really need? On average, at least 6.4 or more billion floating point operations per second, 6.4 is just for FFX with speedhacks, needing 12.5 without, for a game like MGS3 you need 9-10 with speedhacks and up to 12-14 without.

There is an easy way to measure floating point operations per second (Core 2 Duo does 4x or more of Pentium 4's work at the same frequency, 2x per core), but if you were measuring among CPUs of the same architecture, regardless of frequency you could just use real time to measure.

I've got 4.25 gigaflops and then an additional 5-50% from Hyperthreading. PCSX2 benefits quite massively from Hyperthreading, allowing my processor to run games faster than any non-HT enabled Pentium 4 up to 6.3 ghz (the equal would be a 1.6 ghz Core 2 Duo as I mentioned.)

That means MGS3 is going to take a 2-3 ghz Core 2 Duo to achieve playable speeds... possibly.

And you see, by floating point operations we can estimate. My Prescott is probably doing 10-20x the amount of floating point work that the PS2 did (in order to emulate the environment that is running the game, I.E. The PS2 Virtual Machine), probably much more combined with the work my 8600GT is doing.

As I said. I already fixed the problem. It is caused because PCSX2 thinks the CPU speed is lower than it realy is.

So, it thinks that is using the full CPU, but it is not. Overclocking the FSB inside the BIOS solved the problem.

And is not a RAM or GPU bottleneck. (I have dual channel DDR2 800MHz, that should be enough)