PAL console dumped NTSC-J BIOS
Hi, I have been trying to get PCSX2 working on my new computer, and I noticed that I needed a system BIOS. SO I dumped my system bios using BIOS Dumper - Binary - 2.0 and FreeDVDBoot. It successfully dumped all five files and I added those to my BIOS folder. I have a PAL PS2, and although the files were named as PAL, when they were detected the BIOS, it registered as NTSC-J. I am interested in playing a PAL game, which the Japanese BIOS seems to have trouble playing. Is there any way I can fix this issue. I am new to emulation. Many thanks

Sponsored links

Yeah sometimes it does get dumped as a Japanese bios, even though it isn't. Your games should work fine, the BIOS doesn't really matter unless you actually had a Japan 1.0 console, which is highly unlikely.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thanks, but I'm having one issue with a PAL game not launching. Whenever I try to start the game, it just takes me back to the bios menu (two memory cards and the game).
there is no big difference when dumped result as a J-bios that is still a legal dumped bios.

sample:
i have the 77001 slim model US model....it gives me the "SCPH-77001_BIOS_VX_USA_220 set"
but you see in the pcsx2 bios settings it's japan v2.20.
as mentioned above it's still a legal dumped bios,the only left to do is to select your language inside the bios settings and you are ready to go.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Right thanks, I'll test a few more games out to make sure, any idea why the game might not be loading?
(03-01-2021, 02:13 AM)Garfieldwxg55 Wrote: Right thanks, I'll test a few more games out to make sure, any idea why the game might not be loading?

use "fast boot"
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Thanks I'll try that!

It works! Many thanks!