PC Build Help
(08-02-2018, 07:06 PM)scythefwd Wrote: I ran SOC at nearly 60 fps on my old 3770 build.. It used a gtx 750 ti oc at 3x native.. It was my Proccessor that was dragging me down.  TK's suggestion of the 6600k isnt a bad one to save a few dollars.

The 1050ti should handle most anything pcsx2 can throw at it at 4x.. and in many cases possibly higher.

Yeah that's impressive for SOC tbh, I'd see the 3770 as a huge bottleneck though. I think I'll get the other one for a few more bucks (newer parts can be cheaper where I'm from.) 4x native was also a bonus feature I was hoping for, so that's good. Thanks so much for the help  Biggrin .

Sponsored links

Yeah, my 3770 was the bottleneck.. my vid card was working its A off too.. the 1050 ti is a incremental step up from my 750 performance wise.. but it is a step up for sure. The newer is a better performer, my 3770 scores in teh 2120 stp range, where the 6700k I posted is closer to 2300.. You might not hit 4x on SoC, but it'll be rare that you cannot maintain 4x on games..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(08-02-2018, 09:19 PM)scythefwd Wrote: Yeah, my 3770 was the bottleneck.. my vid card was working its A off too.. the 1050 ti is a incremental step up from my 750 performance wise.. but it is a step up for sure.  The newer is a better performer, my 3770 scores in teh 2120 stp range, where the 6700k I posted is closer to 2300.. You might not hit 4x on SoC, but it'll be rare that you cannot maintain 4x on games..

Your video card was underperforming whilst the CPU was trying it's best  Laugh . One more question, will this motherboard work well with the vid card and the CPU? It's the Asus - Z170-DELUXE ATX LGA1151 motherboard.
It's a fine board and a good overclocking board and if you are going to buy an overclockable CPU you should get a MB that can overclock as well. If you can get a reasonable price on it then it would be a fine MB to use (well as long as it fits whatever case you use).
Good board if you get a K proc. Also consider your cooling options, you're not going to want to run a stock cooler if you OC. That said, the procs discussed here will possibly be able to handle SoC at full speed without an OC.

The proc is newer, so it supports gen 3 pcie.. so yes, it will be compatible with your video card.
nzxt 340 case
(08-03-2018, 05:41 PM)scythefwd Wrote: Good board if you get a K proc.  Also consider your cooling options, you're not going to want to run a stock cooler if you OC.  That said, the procs discussed here will possibly be able to handle SoC at full speed without an OC.

The proc is newer, so it supports gen 3 pcie.. so yes, it will be compatible with your video card.

Yeah I want fluid dyamic bearings or at least ball bearings because of the longer lifespan of them. I haven't seen any liquid coolers that offer fluid dynamic bearings... yet. I was thinking of the Zalman - CNPS5X Performa because it's 134 mm, so it should cool down the CPU nicely. Thanks for all the help so far  Happy .
(08-03-2018, 04:30 PM)TkSilver Wrote: It's a fine board and a good overclocking board and if you are going to buy an overclockable CPU you should get a MB that can overclock as well.  If you can get a reasonable price on it then it would be a fine MB to use (well as long as it fits whatever case you use).

Yeah exactly, I was able to get a good price on it and it fits my case nicely. I didn't have any problems with installation, but I'm still waiting on the GPU because of Gamescom. I can't test the OC because I don't have a CPU cooler yet (work in progress.). I have a normal CPU cooler that won't work well whilst in OC. I'll replace it so I can OC soon.
you wanting ball bearing or fluid bearing on the fans? Those are easily upgradeable.. Currently my liquid system is using the factory magnetic attached fans
nzxt 340 case