PC freezes and wont turn on after saving in Okami
Okami

# PCSX2 version: Official v1.2.1 release
# CPU options: Kept everything default
# Plugins used: Kept them default
# Description: I played on a 64-bit Windows 7. The game was running at 50-60fps though occasionally slowed down briefly. After the introduction I ran to the save area and hit the button to save, I think it formatted the memory card first, but after that the computer froze, cursor and everything, ctrl-alt-delete did nothing. I restarted the computer, tried the game again, went to the save, hit the button and saw the list of empty save files, but then it was frozen again. Now when I try restarting the computer the power button comes on and I just get a black screen.

...does anyone know how I might try turning the computer back on at all?

Sponsored links

moved out of bug reports since it's definitely a computer problem.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sounds like a fried power supply unit or some motherboard problem. Maybe some nasty overheating too....
[Image: newsig.jpg]
1 - Open the Administrative tools in the Windows Control Panel, then:

2 - Click Event Viewer

3 - Click the small arrow at the Windows Logs to expose...

4 - System - And verify the last messages flagged as Error and Critical (you may want to filter out the "information" level messages).

That's clearly something going on in your computer, the log should give you an idea of what it is.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks for the instructions but all I get when I turn it on is a black screen, not even the windows logo at startup or anything.
(05-07-2014, 03:34 PM)hoffman59 Wrote: Thanks for the instructions but all I get when I turn it on is a black screen, not even the windows logo at startup or anything.

Wait, can't you boot on Windows anymore?

Those instructions are for Windows Control Panel, don't try executing anything before looking what might be wrong.

Edit: if the Windows can't boot, try first returning it to a "previous state"

hit F8 just after the BIOS sequence and before Windows actually starts... navigate there till finding the option.

Anyway, that seems to be a hardware problem which finally proc out hardly. Possibility of some nasty virus should not be discarded as well. Testing the memory sticks is advisable as well.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I'm guessing an hdd failure
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Quote:hit F8 just after the BIOS sequence and before Windows actually starts... navigate there till finding the option.

I hit the power button and the light goes on but the screen stays blank. It seems like the screen isn't turning on. It's a laptop, and when I plug it into a desktop monitor, the monitor's screen remains blank and the power button on the bottom corner blinks on and off, similar to when the laptop is plugged into it while its on sleep mode.

I hear some of the "clicking" and "whirring" sounds from the machine itself, but they don't continue after a few seconds like they would if the computer was actually starting up.
(05-07-2014, 04:07 PM)hoffman59 Wrote: I hear some of the "clicking" and "whirring" sounds from the machine itself, but they don't continue after a few seconds like they would if the computer was actually starting up.

Maybe is a problem with the hdd....Sometimes this odd sound are the prelude @ 100% disk failure.....
If it was the HDD you would at least see the bios boot up and then freeze. It's graphics card/psu or mobo. It's bad Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]