PCS2X Help
Hi guys, first post here. I'm having major issues running Need For Speed Underground with this software. It is an ISO and I have tried various configurations. But when trying to play it, the screen is striped with white and red and it also plays slowly. as if in slo-mo. I tried another game, Flatout. It does not have this issue, but it does have moments where it runs slowly if there's a pile-up with cars or you run into a pile of tires, it will slow it down. I would love to be able to use this software to it's maximum potential.
About my PC:
I have an Asus ROG GR8 with:
Windows 10 x64 bit
i7 4th gen processor 
GTX 750 ti g card
8GB Ram

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

this CPU will be a bit weak for NFSU.
try latest GIT + OGL renderer and enable hardware depth.

It should help a bit.

That said, your best bet for this game is your PS2 console until you can get a hold on a better CPU.

Sorry Sad
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-23-2016, 04:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: this CPU will be a bit weak for NFSU.
try latest GIT + OGL renderer and enable hardware depth.

It should help a bit.

That said, your best bet for this game is your PS2 console until you can get a hold on a better CPU.

Sorry Sad

I have no idea what GIT and OGL is :/ I'm an emulator noob here. Is my processor really not good enough for a PS2 game? I was under the impression that i7 4th gens were really good. I can run games like Ark on medium just fine.
GIT versions : http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html
OGL = opengl renderer (select it in gsdx options)

As you said you can run games like ARK. But with an emulator, you don't run PS2 games, you emulate them.
Which means your machine has to be powerful enough to emulate complete hardware that is alien to PCs, then run the game on it.

I requires really more raw power than running a PC game
(12-23-2016, 04:58 PM)KekGitGud Wrote: I have no idea what GIT and OGL is :/ I'm an emulator noob here. Is my processor really not good enough for a PS2 game? I was under the impression that i7 4th gens were really good. I can run games like Ark on medium just fine.

Ahh, okay. Now that makes more sense. So my Ram and Graphics card are more than enough, I just need a better processor. What processor do you recommend I get? I'm not looking to spend TOO much. I just want to be able to emulate these games well.
see there

Any CPU with an STR above 1800 should be fine (2000 would better, of course Tongue2) for NFSU
No desktop i7 should be have a STP lower than 1900
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
My i7-6700 is great for pcsx2 & any modern game you throw at it. It has an str of 2157. I couldn't recommend it enough. It goes for about $300.00 which I don't think is that bad
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM