PCSX 0.9.6 and Windows 7
You can install into Program Files directory and not have to right click > Run as admin every time. All you have to do is right click > Properties > Compatibility tab > Tick "Run this program as administrator" > Apply. From then on, simple double click should run it as admin every time.

And DirectX 10 and 11 do not replace DirectX 9. They are all installed side-by-side in Windows 7. DirectX 9 is not exclusive to XP at all...
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]

Sponsored links

although i would recommend not using program files for anything at all under vista/win7 if you can help it
i have a separate partition for apps and it all works very well
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
Well, I guess not everyone has UAC turned off, so fair enough, but with it off, I've had 0 problems with all my applications installed in default directories (I have a WD Raptor drive as my OS drive, so applications load faster than the conventional 7200RPM hard drive).
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(11-13-2009, 02:05 PM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Well, I guess not everyone has UAC turned off, so fair enough, but with it off, I've had 0 problems with all my applications installed in default directories (I have a WD Raptor drive as my OS drive, so applications load faster than the conventional 7200RPM hard drive).

Even with it on, I barely even notice UAC on Windows 7 beta.

The only time I can think of that I see it routinely is when I'm moving files to/from either system directories or other user's folders, and I fully expect it to ding me when I do something like that Tongue
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
for me UAC goes off by default
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
UAC is for people that either don't have any understanding of computers and general safety procedures (IE most windows users sadly) or for people that don't trust themselves to do anything without having someone confirm it.
[Image: 2748844.png]