PCSX 1.0 running slower all of a sudden FN round 3
I just got we love katamari and its performing slowly, This is a total bummer, where did all the performance go?

Sponsored links

(09-28-2012, 01:26 AM)naturalstyleoj Wrote: I just got we love katamari and its performing slowly, This is a total bummer, where did all the performance go?

I had the exact same problem a while back. I have the same system as you, except I've got a gtx485m gpu and a I7 2630qm cpu. Try resetting your pagefile to default, clearing up as much space on your HDD as possible, defragging it. Also, go over the settings in the graphics menu/sound menu of pcsx2 carefully to ensure you didn't miss anything.
Finally, if you use a bluetooth receiver with a wireless controller to play, this may play a part. Try disconnecting it/closing any related programs (motionjoy, xpadder etc), and restarting your system. Then try playing with keyboard only, to see if the controller/bluetooth might be playing a part. Try using with cable, instead of wireless, as there may have been a recent change with the Bluetooth receiver's software/settings.
I find differences in page file size, usb devices, joypads and lack of HDD space can lead to sudden performance decreases. It's also worth checking for virus/spyware/adware, and doing a scan for disk errors - startup repair, disk memory diagnosis, SFC/ SCANNOW (in CMD, run as admin), Disk doctor (from Advanced system care Toolbox).
(I can recommend Spybot Search and Destroy, lavasoft adaware, advanced system care 5 and Kasperski AntiVirus. Also Auslogics Defrag)

One other thing, ensure you've done a clean install of your latest graphics driver for your gpu, and that no segments of previous drivers remain, as these can hinder performance and cause issues. I use NVidia, so it may be different for you, but I had remnants of previous graphics drivers remaining in this directory: " C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\ " Obviously, you'd be looking for an radeon folder instead. Inside I found folders containing information of previous drivers. I deleted them (except for currently installed version) and after performing a clean install, noticed slight improvements in games etc. Obviously, PLEASE make backups elsewhere just in case, and double check with a clean install guide for Radeon cards first.

I hope this all helps. I'd focus on the HDD space, pagefile and joypad situation first, as these where the issues that - when addressed - fixed my problem. And don't forget to update to the latest pcsx2 SVN occasionally.

If all else fails theres always system restore...! (might help isolate the problems?)

BEST OF LUCK!

P.S try a program called powermenu (even after your problem is fixed), You can use it to easily increase the priority of programs to highest or realtime, use always on top, and it has other useful functions. (both it and the programs in question must be run as admin as far as I know).
(09-28-2012, 01:26 AM)naturalstyleoj Wrote: I just got we love katamari and its performing slowly, This is a total bummer, where did all the performance go?

Different games = different performances = different requirements
(assuming you were talking about katamari damacy in your other post).
What other games do you have ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well replugging my power chord rfixed everything thank my niggas.
A word of advice: never use a power cord with a lower voltage than your laptops default cord to play games. Better still don't use one at all. You'll end up regretting it.
later