PCSX crashes while scanning GZ roms
I am using nightly build 1.7.3082. My romset is in compressed GZ format and when it is being scanned the index file for the rom is being created. With 500 plus roms this would take a very long time but after 15-20 roms it will just crash. Then when trying to open PCSX again it will load the partial game list it scanned and crash again... leaving it not able to open again without a fresh install (or deleting some gamelist config file I haven't looked for yet). Anyone know a fix for this or is there a way to tell PCSX not to create index files for GZ zipped roms when scanning?

Sponsored links

Best would be to recompress your collection using something more modern and efficient like CSO or chd
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-16-2022, 06:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Best would be to recompress your collection using something more modern and efficient like CSO or chd

Hoping I would not need to do that as I have 1800+ in gz format, also GZ saves alot of space with big collections. I should note that PCSX 1.7 will play these just fine as the older 1.6 version did. When loaded from 'start file' it will create an index file if one does not exist, then once that is done the game loads instantly every time afterwards. It's just this scanning feature wants to do the index file and it ends up crashing, hoping future updates will fix this. I did start another scan of 550 selected games and so far it is still going at 7%. Fingers crossed!

CHD and CSO saves up a lot of space too....
Whatever... A crashlog would be a nice idea too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Just wanted to clarify, PCSX scans GZ format as it should. It turns out I had a few bad roms. I replaced them with good roms in the same format and all is good now. Compressed size comparisons between GZ, CHD, and CSO are very close from what I have seen... I would prefer CHD as it would be cleaner not having index files for each game but I'm just not ready to convert right now. So to anyone using the old GZ format and PCSX2 is crashing during scans... you have a bad rom, delete or replace it!