PCSX2 0.9.6 on Ubuntu - ZeroGS Failure
Hey all,

Firstly, pcsx2 is awesome from what I've seen on other OS's. I feel bad registering and joining only to immediately post problems, but I can't find this specific issue anywhere on Google, so it doesn't look like I have a choice.

I'm running pcsx2 (the default linux binary obtainable from the main page here) on Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy). I've managed to get everything set up and all the plugins working, but then when I try to load a game I get the following error (everything before this seems to relate to the ISO plugin and doesn't look like it has any problems, so I haven't included it):

Quote:ZeroGS: creating zerogs
ZeroGS: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.2
ZeroGS: Depth 24
ZeroGS: no Direct Rendering possible!
ZeroGS: *********
ZeroGS: ERROR: Need GL_EXT_framebufer_object for multiple render targets
ZeroGS: OGL WARNING: multiple render targets not supported, some effects might look bad

At this point it gives up and a second pcsx2 opens. What I can't seem to find anywhere is the error "no Direct Rendering possible!" coming from ZeroGS; it's obvious enough that it's having a problem using openGL with my hardware, I think, although I don't know that much about rendering.

I ran glxinfo in the console and it gives me "direct rendering: yes". So unless I'm severely mistaking the problem, my computer has the capability but ZeroGS is having trouble recognizing/utilizing it? My system is 64-bit, but I used the information in this post (http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4798.html) to get pscx2 to work, which successfully resolved the common inability-to-recognize-the-plugins problem. Subsequently I got an error (along with the ones I still have) saying that pcsx2 couldn't find pcsxAbout.bmp, so I (maybe this was symptomatic of something bigger...) copied the .pixmaps folder from a downloaded copy of the source and shoved it in my pcsx2 folder alongside the binary, which resolved that, although I'm still confused as to why it would be missing in the first place.

If it helps, here's what pcsx2 spits out about my system:

Quote:x86Init:

CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = a
x86Family = Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz
CPU speed = 1.996 Ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0408e39d
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:

Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1

Does anybody have any idea what's going on and how I might go about fixing it?

Thanks!

Sponsored links

what graphics card do you have?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sadly, this is on a Dell Inspiron, so I've got, verbatim:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
First of all, glxinfo is not right tool to check direct rendering. glxIsDirect function tell you, that current X-server in current context have no direct rendering. So it's obvious video driver issue. What videocard do you have? If you have nVidia or ATI one with shader 2.0 support, that you could use pcsx2 with proprietary drivers. If you have Intell card, than it's no so easy.

p.S. ZeroGS under Linux is wortless, use ZZogl.
Does anyone know of some good instructions for building zzogl, or zzogl's website if any exists? I've downloaded what I think is the latest zzogl source via svn and building just complains about errors in the code.
(07-10-2009, 11:49 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: p.S. ZeroGS under Linux is wortless, use ZZogl.

I use the zeroGS PG one, works fine for me so far