PCSX2 0.9.7 Cheats Errors
Ok, here's the problemo. I've been playing Final Fantasy X, and I decided that I would like a little bit of grinding help since it's not as easy to grind on an emulator as it is a console. So, I've followed several guides to input codebreaker, ARMax, and Gameshark codes but the only ones that even SEEM to come CLOSE to working so far are the codebreaker ones. The only problem is, that once I input them into the pnach file I created and run the game, everything works perfectly, but the codes don't work. I said HMM and checked the log, and I saw that it did indeed load the codes, but I noticed something saying "(UpdateVSyncRate) Mode Changed to PAL." Wtfudge I said, this game is US, and so are the codes... I'm not sure that this DEFINETELY is why the codes aren't working, but I assume it is, because PAL and international codes don't work for the US version. Does anyone know why I might be encountering this problem?

This is my pnach file:
comment=Codes for Final Fantasy X
gametitle=Final_Fantasy_X
//Lots of Gil after battle
patch=1,EE,2031CACC,extended,0001869F

//Lots of items (after battle)
patch=1,EE,0031CAD0,extended,00000008

//Tidus Lots of Ap (after battle)
patch=1,EE,2031CA80,extended,0001869F

And these are my specs, although I'm not too sure why they matter in this particular situation.

Manufacturer: HP
Type: x64
Processor: AMD Turion™ II Dual-Core Mobile M520, 2300 Mhz, 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors
Video Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
Memory: 280 GB

And my plugin specs:
GS: GSdx 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r3878] Renderer: (Direct3d10 (Hardware)
PAD: SSSPSX PAD
SPU2: ZeroSPU2
CDVD Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0
USB: USBnull Driver 0.7.0
FW: FWnull Driver 0.6.0
DEV9: DEV9null Driver 0.5.0
Bios: USA v2.00

Sponsored links

PCSX2 0.97 is outdated try 0.98.
0.9.8 or 0.9.7 doesn't matter with cheats as far as I know, so if he would change to a newer version his cheats would probably do the same. Also did u name the cheat file (CRC ID.pnach)?? cause if u named it different the chance the cheats won't load are well big heh.

Otherwise try this little tool out: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXED-Fin...ave-Editor

Though with cheats it shouldn't matter that much if u use 0.9.7 or 0.9.8 it would be wise to use the latest build to ensure stability and some gamefixes/emulator fixes that are implented Smile
If you want to use cheats my advice is to get Code Breaker 10 which is what I use.
Did you convert the codes to raw?

Could you post the original codes and your current pnach?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I read somewhere that aslong the codes begin with 0,1,2 u don't need to convert them Smile
(09-18-2011, 07:49 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: I read somewhere that aslong the codes begin with 0,1,2 u don't need to convert them Smile

Wrong...this code for example 0F68BE59 CB534A11 is using CodeBreaker V7 encryption

demonslayerjake are you sure that the codes are for your version of the game...I searched google for "2031CA80 0001869F" and the result was pointing to cheats for the PAL version of the game
weird, cause I used those codes (Codebreeaker still) and the cheats worked for me Smile