PCSX2 0.9.7 + Gameplay Recording
If you have an external HDD fast enough to handle the transfer rate, then you can use that as an alternate option. It will be faster than recording to the primary HDD, that's for sure.

btw: Don't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever use Camstudio. I never seen a video that looked good in it.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate

Sponsored links

(06-06-2010, 04:49 PM)SonicXPS2 Wrote: OH NO NOT CAMSTUDIO...I use it and its AWFULL audio record failure,codec failure,pcsx2 failure YOU CANT WIN!
from one 100mb video ive recorded prefectly
The rest is 2 hours of waisted time and 50GB Failed Files
Use Fraps i dont care what FPS i get

Okay, but which part is hard to get on the fact: "I can't use Fraps". Which doesn't mean I don't know how to use it, I know it perfectly, it's simple enough: I CAN'T use it. When I start the game and then start the recording; the emulator IMMEDIATELY crashes and closes itself which means whether I care or not with the FPS drop I won't be able to record anything because the emulator is already closed! Happy Fun eh?

On the other hand ofc I care with the FPS! I don't want to play 60minutes to record 20minutes of gameplay then it's easier to play and enjoy. At first I thought that (DS) DV Video Encoder will be just fine; but then I found that it's not my problem because all it records is a black screen. FPS is just fine, size of the output stream is awesome, quality is exceptional (Well what could be ugly on a black video for 19:32 length; it makes the eyes to relax).

So once more; I can't use fraps means I can't record with it because the emulator crashes immediately when recording.

As for CamStudio:
I can record in a pretty good quality with it. Game runs around 15-20FPS. The only problem: The video LAGS! Screen stops for 10-20seconds then jumps one and so on so I won't use effectively that's for sure.
Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7-920
RAM: 3*1GB 1600Mhz Kingmax TinyBGA
VGA: Zotac GF 250GTS 1GB
Monitor: LG 2253V-PF