PCSX2 0.9.7 + Gameplay Recording
(06-04-2010, 03:18 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: if you compress that 2.2gb in mp4 or something else the final file will be 120mb maybe Tongue

Oh yeah but how will I record 10-20minutes? Rolleyes
I have only 80GB free space.

(06-04-2010, 04:16 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: Recording at 1080p while uncompressed, and for 57 seconds...having a large file will almost always be unavoidable, and will have a huge impact on speed. I typically use the xvid codec and I usually get 35-40 fps while recording, but the file plays back at 60 fps. After that I use Virtual Dub to combine the audio and video files and for a five minute video, it can be around 195MB and still looks pretty darn good.

Well with XVID I had 8FPS ingame Huh which is obviously way too low to be playable. I guess I'll have to record with a third party software ,but that's sure that it won't be FRAPS because PCSX2 stops working right when I start recording.
Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7-920
RAM: 3*1GB 1600Mhz Kingmax TinyBGA
VGA: Zotac GF 250GTS 1GB
Monitor: LG 2253V-PF

Sponsored links

try camstudio (the free one)
That was the first third party software I've tried. It records video while the FPS during the game is just fine but the quality of the recorded video is worse than a resized 320*240 movie. For now I've given up, because I couldn't find any useful programs to record it. There're thousands of perfect videos on youtube but noone mentions the used programs.
right, you have to adjust the settingsfor camstudio. recording video from PWI (mmorpg) for when I was sending in a report took about 200mb for a 30 second file, but the quality was perfect (I use 1084x1020 or so)
Well I can see that you at least got it working.

Just want to let you know that Fraps is out of the question for you. To give you an example, one of my recorded video with Fraps being 14 minutes long recorded in 1080p came to 61.9GB, once it was compressed though it went down to 770mb. That should give you an idea of how ridiculous the filesize will be. The quality is pretty good though but, at what cost.

If you were to use Fraps, you would run out of space pretty quick and will have problems recording that 20 minute video you have in mind using the 80GB HDD.

Here's a video I uploaded using Fraps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLcohtMDPOU
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
(06-05-2010, 03:26 AM)Master_DX Wrote: Well I can see that you at least got it working.

Just want to let you know that Fraps is out of the question for you. To give you an example, one of my recorded video with Fraps being 14 minutes long recorded in 1080p came to 61.9GB, once it was compressed though it went down to 770mb. That should give you an idea of how ridiculous the filesize will be. The quality is pretty good though but, at what cost.

If you were to use Fraps, you would run out of space pretty quick and will have problems recording that 20 minute video you have in mind using the 80GB HDD.

Here's a video I uploaded using Fraps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLcohtMDPOU

Nooo I have 500GB HDD, but on the actual partition I have around 80GB free space. Well I couldn't even use the fraps. In the moment I start the recording the FPS drops to 20 and PCSX2 stops working and bam over.
I've used F12 key to record a video 2min22sec with 247MB. The quality was okay, but the ingame FPS Blink 8FPS max 12FPS. So it's pretty much unplayable like this, however the video and quality are okay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9pOUX3kuDw
Are you opening Fraps before or after the game has started? You might also give that Fraps option a try (look it up when you press F12), since I was having that same problem back then but, using that option fixed it.

If you are recording to the same HDD, then that's the problem. When trying to record something, you have to do it to a separate HDD other than the main one. Even though I have a Raid 0 configuration I get slow-downs in some areas while recording, I gotta buy a new HDD and got no money for that, bah.............

The video you posted doesn't look bad at all but, playing in 8-12 FPS will be challenging *_* (where did the audio go though Tongue2)
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
Yes, try making the video output folder on another hard drive, then use either the FRAPS codec or Lagarith Lossless Video codec (w/reduced resolution checked; believe me, it encodes faster). After you're done, open the video with Virtual Dub, choose a video compression codec (like divX or Xvid) and the use "recording.wav" as the audio source file. The video should be much less then the lossless one (I usually go from 1.8GB to 150-250MB max. for five minutes). Then again, I record my videos in 1280x720, so they'd be much bigger.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
(06-05-2010, 06:40 PM)Master_DX Wrote: Are you opening Fraps before or after the game has started? You might also give that Fraps option a try (look it up when you press F12), since I was having that same problem back then but, using that option fixed it.

If you are recording to the same HDD, then that's the problem. When trying to record something, you have to do it to a separate HDD other than the main one. Even though I have a Raid 0 configuration I get slow-downs in some areas while recording, I gotta buy a new HDD and got no money for that, bah.............

The video you posted doesn't look bad at all but, playing in 8-12 FPS will be challenging *_* (where did the audio go though Tongue2)

Oh no, If I use FRAPS the emulator stops working with the standard Windows Error Message, so I'm not using it. Well I don't have another HDD to record to that, I'll buy another SATA 6Gbps but that will take some time, so I'm forced to recod to the same hdd though different partition Happy.

Indeed it's challenging to play at 8-12FPS, to record that 2:22 length video took me nearly 5-6minutes of gameplay with XVID encoding. The audio... hehe well it told me that : "SPU2-X couldn't open file for recording: recording.wav. Recording to wavfile disabled." so there's no audio. When I'll have some better solution to record hd video while playing at a normal speed I'll look into this audio "problem".

(06-05-2010, 10:07 PM)nintendo85 Wrote: Yes, try making the video output folder on another hard drive, then use either the FRAPS codec or Lagarith Lossless Video codec (w/reduced resolution checked; believe me, it encodes faster). After you're done, open the video with Virtual Dub, choose a video compression codec (like divX or Xvid) and the use "recording.wav" as the audio source file. The video should be much less then the lossless one (I usually go from 1.8GB to 150-250MB max. for five minutes). Then again, I record my videos in 1280x720, so they'd be much bigger.

I'll keep your advices in mind when I'm ready to make another video, but now I'm focused to enjoy this fantastic game on PC with such a nice graphics Happy.
(06-04-2010, 06:26 PM)Saiki Wrote: try camstudio (the free one)

OH NO NOT CAMSTUDIO...I use it and its AWFULL audio record failure,codec failure,pcsx2 failure YOU CANT WIN!
from one 100mb video ive recorded prefectly
The rest is 2 hours of waisted time and 50GB Failed Files
Use Fraps i dont care what FPS i get
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!