PCSX2 0.9.7 - Log Console
Just a small thing, which seems a bit strange.

If you have more text in the console so that the text doesn't fit into your current console size (scrollbar appears) than somehow the Console adds blank space at the bottom and has some strange behaviour every time a new console entry is made.

hard to explain with my bad english sry.

here are some screens
I'm just prssing Tab to switch between the modes

Pic1: looks normal, nothing strange
Pic2: after the current size is full the scrollbar and the blank area at the bottom appears.
Pic3: if i press Tab while the Console looks like pic2, it will looks like this for a split secound and than switch back to pic2

this switching behaviour between 2 and 3 is annoying because i have the console next to my game window while playing (to see error etc..)

intended or some sort of error?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6600 @2.7Ghz (OC'ed)
Mainboard: ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI
GPU: XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
RAM: 3GB DDR2-800

Sponsored links

Not a bug. The console purposefully attempts to scroll in semi-page increments for performance reasons. Having a smooth scrolling console at all times was too cpu-invasive when the console was being used heavily (which typically only happens for us Devs when we do a lot of logging, but still important for us). Due to some limitations, the scrolling's never fully consistent; but it is more-or-less trying to scroll in half-page increments more often than not.

Edit: I will consider it a non-implementation since it's feasible there's a slightly better method of tracking scroll position than what I'm using now. But as far as I could tell, it's just a limitation of Windows' Rich Text box and could only be fixed by a fully native/custom implementation of the console window (which is not something I care to do Wink ).
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
ok that makes sense.
thanks for the info.
CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6600 @2.7Ghz (OC'ed)
Mainboard: ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI
GPU: XFX Geforce 8800 GTS 320MB
RAM: 3GB DDR2-800
Is it possible to switch the log window to good old white text on black background like it was before?
(05-30-2010, 02:27 PM)Kaoschan Wrote: Just a small thing, which seems a bit strange.

If you have more text in the console so that the text doesn't fit into your current console size (scrollbar appears) than somehow the Console adds blank space at the bottom and has some strange behaviour every time a new console entry is made.

This problem should now be fixed in the latest SVNs. Thanks to Dolphin for showing me a nicer way to scroll the RichText box.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team