PCSX2 0.9.7 beta released!
After more than a year since the last stable 0.9.6 release and 8 months since the last beta release of PCSX2, the new beta version is finally ready!
The most notable change is the all new GUI powered by wxWidgets, but the amount of improvements in this release is really amazing Smile

This 0.9.7 release is marked as unstable/beta, meaning it still has some known bugs and unimplemented features but it is fully supported by the PCSX2 team. For more info, check the included readme file.

Without further delay, here's the extensive changelog:
  • New GUI based on wxWidgets working on a separate thread
  • microVU, an all new VU0/VU1/COP2 recompiler
  • VIF rewritten and a new Vif Unpack recompiler
  • IPU improvements, many more videos now play perfectly
  • Stable full screen operation with GSdx
  • Alt+Enter Hotkey for real-time fullscreen/window mode switching
  • Many new emulation options, complete with tooltips
  • New MTGS, much more efficient and compatible
  • New BIOS skipping method, more compatible and correct
  • New Host File System Support
  • Turbo/Slow motion settings for the frame limiter
  • On the fly changing of settings and plugins
  • Threaded Saving/Loading states, so it does not pause gameplay
  • Built in ISO reader with a recently used ISO list
  • Suspend / Resume emulation safely and fast
  • Simplified plugin configuration dialog, with more options
  • Full DVD9 game support (for example God of War, Xenosaga, Gran Turismo 4 etc)
  • First time configuration wizard
  • Settings stored in your User documents folder by default to prevent Vista / Windows 7 permission issues
  • New Game database detects the game you run, displays compatibility info, and auto applies special game fixes/patches if needed
  • Cheats are now separate from patches, cheats can be placed in the "cheats" folder and enabled/disabled from pcsx2's file-menu
  • Many important plugin updates, GSdx has many bugs and memory leaks fixed, SPU2-X makes dozens of games boot which never did before
  • And a huge amount of improvements and bug fixes which we don't remember anymore

This time the distribution will be a bit different. There are 3 versions, the full installer, the web installer and the binary. We highly recommend people to use our torrents to lower the load of our server and for faster distribution. You will need a torrent client such as utorrent to download them.

Windows:
Full installer [12.0mb]: Torrent | Googlecode direct dl
Web installer [2.88mb]: Torrent | Googlecode direct dl
Binaries [2.92mb / 7zip]: Torrent | Googlecode direct dl

(NOTE: Full installer includes Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, which is ideal for offline installs of PCSX2. Web installer optionally fetches the Redists from Microsoft.com, if your computer doesn't already have them installed.)

Linux binary [3.1mb]: Torrent | Googlecode direct dl

Source code: Torrent

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22556]

Attached Files
.torrent   pcsx2-r3113-setup.exe[tracker.pcsx2.net].torrent (Size: 4,27 KB / Downloads: 95.298)
.torrent   pcsx2-r3113-websetup.exe[tracker.pcsx2.net].torrent (Size: 1,42 KB / Downloads: 12.065)
.torrent   PCSX2_0.9.7_(r3113)_Binaries.7z[tracker.pcsx2.net].torrent (Size: 1,42 KB / Downloads: 31.720)
.torrent   PCSX2_0.9.7_(r3113)_Source.7z[tracker.pcsx2.net].torrent (Size: 2,63 KB / Downloads: 11.925)
.torrent   PCSX2_0.9.7_(r3113)_Binaries_Linux.7z[tracker.pcsx2.net].torrent (Size: 1,47 KB / Downloads: 7.772)
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Have fun with this people Smile
Oh man. The GUI is so different now.
It's like switching from office '03 to '07 all over again.
I like. Wub
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Oh thanks Laugh
I was going to compile a rev for myself ><
Well goodbye to r3058 that I've been using for 2weeks now Smile
[Image: 1201126.png]
+ ZOTAC 9600GT 1GB + DG41WV mobo
Thanks ! So now it is pointless to try the new SVNs ? (for example 3115)
I've been anticipating this for several months now, and let me just say that it is beautiful Smile
Wow thanks!. Will give this a go later Laugh
(05-29-2010, 08:42 PM)warr12 Wrote: Thanks ! So now it is pointless to try the new SVNs ? (for example 3115)

Technically PCSX2 0.9.7 is r3119 -- but a foopah on our part had it misnamed. We already had all the downloads and torrents posted, though, by the time we realized. So it stayed where it's at.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(05-29-2010, 08:49 PM)Air Wrote:
(05-29-2010, 08:42 PM)warr12 Wrote: Thanks ! So now it is pointless to try the new SVNs ? (for example 3115)

Technically PCSX2 0.9.7 is r3119 -- but a foopah on our part had it misnamed. We already had all the downloads and torrents posted, though, by the time we realized. So it stayed where it's at.
It is renamed even when I open it, it says 3113 in the Graphical interface. Anyways, if it is r3119 all the better. I don't mind if it displays an older version while it is newer. But I guess if a corrected version is uploaded in this site, even for something so minor, I would download it since there is nothing to lose and the program can insert all previous settings.
ill try this now.thanks.hope this fixes my dirge of cerberus.can anyone test this with dirge of cerberus please?..
[Image: 14400006.gif]

Blink hey am i under surveillance?