PCSX2 0.9.7 - can't go fullscreen
Hey everyone!

I'm new here, though I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now. Just want to congratulate everyone in the dev team for making PS2 emulation possible and constantly improving it. Excellent job!

Now on to my issue. I've download PCSX2 0.9.7 Beta from PCSX2.net and set it up to run God of War 1/GTA Vice City Stories and Gran Tursimo 4. I've managed to get quite playable results with GoW and GT4, however there are a few performance problems with GTA VCS - I can only manage 50 fps about 80% of the time, it sometimes drops to 45-42 and I can't say it's enjoyable, but it's very playable nonetheless. But that's not the problem I'm having.

I can't seem to manage enabling fullscreen. Alt-Enter doesn't work, no matter if I'm running in DX9 or DX10/11. It work jut fine in PCSX 0.9.6 with GSdx10, but not in 0.9.7.

Is there something I'm missing? If you need more details, just let me know.

Sponsored links

Well I don't know what may be wrong, but until a solution can be presented, did you try just maximizing the window? It's not true fullscreen, because you still see the status bar and your Windows start menu, but it's still fullscreen. In fact, I use that instead of the emulator's fullscreen option anyway so that I can keep an eye on my fps. Tongue

Good luck with your problem.

EDIT: By maximizing I mean the little square button in the top right side of the window, or double clicking the status bar. Tongue
Final Fantasy X Cheats Patch
AMD FX-4100 Zambezi @ 4.0GHz, 2x SLI Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Make sure the GS window is in focus, then hit alt+enter.
If that doesn't work try the option "Default to full screen mode on open" (Config > Gs Window).
If that doesn't work call 911! Tongue2
Smile 
(07-04-2010, 07:12 PM)rama Wrote: Make sure the GS window is in focus, then hit alt+enter.
If that doesn't work try the option "Default to full screen mode on open" (Config > Gs Window).
If that doesn't work call 911! Tongue2

I'd suggest the ghost-busters Rolleyes
Imagination is where we are truly real
Are you using the "SSSPSX" PAD plugin? If so, try "LilyPad".

And yes, The Ghostbuster respond much faster than 911. Highly recommended! Laugh
Yeah, the window is in focus... So far I've been using it maximized, but it's not nearly the same as full screen.

Thanks for the input. I'm currently unable to test your other suggestions but as soon as I do, I'll report back.
Well, something must be blocking the alt+enter command then.
Got some weird keyboard software installed maybe?
(07-05-2010, 09:31 AM)rama Wrote: Well, something must be blocking the alt+enter command then.
Got some weird keyboard software installed maybe?

I'm not sure about the procedures and where it's done but remember reading somewhere Windows (or some other appl) having features to intercept or even preventing shortcut keys. May be there the OP should seek the causes.
Imagination is where we are truly real
It could be nice if PCSX2 would have supported double-click on the output window as full screen toggle... Easier to use than ALT-Enter, especially when the mouse is the only exposed configuration tool anyway (KB shortcuts are somewhat hidden from the casual user).

Also, for the few KB shortcuts that do exist (I know of F4 - framelimiter, Shift-F4 - frameskip, F5 - GSdx deinterlace, F9 - GSdx(?) software renderer, F12 - record, Alt-Enter - fullscreen), I couldn't find a single accessible place at the docs or at the GUI that summarizes them, so a toolbar could be useful for those (besides documenting them someplace accessible)...

Slightly off topic though..
I've been using SSSPSX plugin, so firstly I want to give LilyPAD a try, like Rezard suggested.

I'll also be on the look out for any extra settings that maybe I've missed.

I'm using a wireless Logitech keyboard with Logitech drivers and their software. It's not the keyboard though as Alt+Enter works just fine in 0.9.6 with DX10 render mode, of course.

But like I said, I can't really do anything right now as I'm at work. When I get back home I'm going to post further details.