PCSX2 0.9.7 (configuration error)
Hey guys, i maybe new to this forum but im certainly not new to PCSX2, I Have a very strange problem here and ive no idea whats caused it, so i was wondering if anyone could help me solve this lil issue. Basicly i had everything working fine, then one day i boot the machine, load up pcsx2 as usual, and discover that its attempting to launch "Setup" from scratch, so i set it up again, located the bios again etc.

Afterwards PCSX2 started up as normal, until i went into "Emulation settings" and discovered that no matter what option i attempt to apply it will not accept my changes. So i checked out the console, and it seems to be having trouble updating my ini's im getting alot of "Access is denied, Failed to update configuration file" also.. this only happens when the window resolution is in 1024x768. it worked in this resolution before and i didnt get any issues, so does anyone know how to correct this?

[Image: annoyingc.jpg]

Sponsored links

Just another satisfied customer ... ops, no, that's an Oblivion merchant saying...

better than repeating again and again: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-About-Sec...ermissions

Long story short: avoid special folders, avoid "C:\Program Files" folders, avoid the "Users" folder and everything inside it including the Documents folder, avoid the "Desktop" folder... Do not install games there, not even PC games.

PS: "coincidentally" that exact message (well not exactly spelled but) is used as example there.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-18-2010, 02:18 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Just another satisfied customer ... ops, no, that's an Oblivion merchant saying...

better than repeating again and again: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-About-Sec...ermissions

Long story short: avoid special folders, avoid "C:\Program Files" folders, avoid the "Users" folder and everything inside it including the Documents folder, avoid the "Desktop" folder... Do not install games there, not even PC games.

PS: "coincidentally" that exact message (well not exactly spelled but) is used as example there.

Thanks for the reply on this matter, i understand everything you said there. But partly makes no sense, see before this OS i was on vista. now vista never had this issue, neither did my secondary partition being Xp Sp3. so im guessing it comes down to Windows 7. I turned UAC off because to be frank it drives me round the bend. I am enjoying reading The thread you linked for me thank you for that. i guess i need to do some research into this, because none of my previous operating systems have had this trouble in the past. lol freedom on 7, thats what microsoft is quoting. i dont consider this freedom. another ploy to sell there new os it seems.
It's OK, you really shouldn't believe in something that does not makes sense to you. You can try the workarounds and repeat the same error again and again
(08-18-2010, 03:02 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: It's OK, you really shouldn't believe in something that does not makes sense to you. You can try the workarounds and repeat the same error again and again

Its working perfect now thank you! Why is your thead not even Stickied? seems to me that it alt to be considering how many people have had this issue in the past, Thanks again mate xD
It's included in the FAQ but wait who reads FAQs before posting the same questions answered one billion times anyway?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
That to include it in the FAQ was actually what I was thinking to suggest, along the link to the thread for those willing to know the reasoning. The thread itself was created because I'm really tired of repeating that reasoning and it ends becoming more boring to the reader than the necessary. Most prefer just follow the cookbook than understand motives anyway.

About sticking it I didn't think it being good idea for the same reason, long and non interesting for most. Anyway thanks, that removes a load from my shoulders to keep repeating it again and again... as a way to say it Smile hope never dies, someday people will learn that reading FAQs is the quicker way to solve their problems and doubts...