PCSX2 0.9.7 sneak peek!
It has been a long time since the last news concerning PCSX2, so I thought I'd bring you up to date Smile
Development of the new 0.9.7 version of the emulator with the all new GUI is going strong and soon all the old GUI functionality will be implemented. After that it's bug hunting time and then a beta release!

In this news post I'll present some of the exciting new features of the new GUI builds, for those of you who haven't checked it out yet!
Click the images to view them in normal size
  • All new menus, for improved usability and faster configuration
  • On the fly suspend and resume, perfectly stable, safe and fast
  • On the fly setting switching or even plugin switching
  • Compatible with Aero Glass and Windows eye goodies
[Image: attachment.php?aid=22549] [Image: attachment.php?aid=22548]
  • Threaded GUI, for better responsiveness, usability and error handling
  • Simplified plugin configuration dialog, with more options
  • Console output will no longer slow down the emulator when flooded thanks to threading
  • Saving states done in the new thread, so gameplay doesn't even flinch when you save

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22550] [Image: attachment.php?aid=22551]

• New CPU configuration, more user friendly and noob proof with a restore defaults button
  • New GS configuration, with more options like Turbo and Slow motion FPS adjustments

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22552] [Image: attachment.php?aid=22553]
  • New Speed hacks configuration, with more warnings ( like anyone reads them!) and a restore defaults button
  • All options have tooltips (text that appears after you leave the cursor on a control for some secs) explaining what each of them do
  • Screen shot button in every dialog (lower left corner) to easily take shots of your configurations

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22554][Image: attachment.php?aid=22555]

That's it! Hope you like the new look and functionality, we are doing our best to make PCSX2 as user friendly as possible. Of course there are still some features not shown here, we have to keep something to surprise you!

There is no set date for the beta release, since there are still a bunch of bugs lying around but it's safe to say we are getting close Smile

You can compile it yourselves, from our GoogleCode SVN but no support will be given for it at the forums!.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22556]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Great news Smile
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Wow. Seems freaking awesome. Can't wait until release.. ^^
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
yeah. cant wait for beta. current svn is already pretty usable, except for the games that required skip FMV.
i hope it would be implemented soon. That is really the only thing keeping me from experimental play on current builds.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
Now this should please the curiosity of folks, and maybe, but just maybe, you don't have to worry about those post ....which....didnt......belive....this.......is.the ..real............deal
(02-10-2010, 01:58 PM)bmate Wrote: Now this should please the curiosity of folks, and maybe, but just maybe, you don't have to worry about those post ....which....didnt......belive....this.......is.the ..real............deal

oh man i cannot stop laughing when i saw your post lol Laugh,anyway im really looking foward this
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
you shouldn't do that...copying others writing style...that's so mean...really...

menu looks good, can't wait for the "surprises" Smile
Windows Seven 32 - Duo Core @ 3.0 ghz - 4gb RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850 - Sound Blaster X-Fi
What will happen to the GS plugin configuration windows now that there's one unified config window for graphics?
sorry, it was irresistible. Tongue, it was not my intention to be a douche

and if I may, I also happen to have a question too...going from the GoW screenshot...in the new release, there will be 3 windows open instead of 2? wouldn't it better to reduce the numbers instead of raising them? I can't speak for others, but the log window is in my way when I'm switching between Firefox(walkthrough Tongue ) and PCSX2. so having the option to turn it on/off would be neat.
(02-10-2010, 05:55 PM)bmate Wrote: sorry, it was irresistible. Tongue, it was not my intention to be a douche

and if I may, I also happen to have a question too...going from the GoW screenshot...in the new release, there will be 3 windows open instead of 2? wouldn't it better to reduce the numbers instead of raising them? I can't speak for others, but the log window is in my way when I'm switching between Firefox(walkthrough Tongue ) and PCSX2. so having the option to turn it on/off would be neat.

1.Game window
2.GUI
3.Log window which can be disabled