PCSX2 0.9.8 Messed up graphics
Ghost image (with a ligh shift). seem like it is the standard blur effect of the PS2. Picture can help. There are some hack to remove it on GSdx windows. Anyway for your information you can run GSdx on linux too (without wine, but need to be compiled with PCSX2 SDL 1.3). At the moment it only support the SW renderer.

Sponsored links

(12-29-2011, 06:25 PM)gregory Wrote: Ghost image (with a ligh shift).

Sounds right.

(12-29-2011, 06:25 PM)gregory Wrote: you can run GSdx on linux too (without wine, but need to be compiled with PCSX2 SDL 1.3).

Yep, using the GSdx with SDL 1.3 in linux, and it might have to do with the SW rendering as I think with wine it did not give me the HW rendering option either.

Thank you though, I thought there might be a user hack like "UserHacks_SkipDraw" or something in the ini file but the linux version does not have that option in the GSDX.ini.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The hack only exists on the HW renderer. Linux versions does not have it yet. ZZogl have a similar function (skipdraw) but it is hidden too (we might need to add some define on the code, don't remember). It was never tested properly to be usable for standard (ie not dev) user.
Curious, is the HW renderer an issue with the linux video driver not having as much access to the proprietary firmware or just a lack of demand in linux development?
The HW renderer of GSdx uses DirectX (actually direct3d) which is not yet supported on linux AFAIK. I make good progress to port the code to use opengl4 (ie DX11 capable GPU) instead so it would work on linux too. For the moment the code is unstable and miss the drawing of severals element. But in short we miss some linux dev Wink