PCSX2 0.9.8 crashes whenever I try to boot an iso full or fast
Hi everyone!

I have been having troubles ever since I ran pcsx2. It starts up ok, but whenever I try to boot an iso or cd fast or full, it crashes and I have to close it (refer to screenshots). I have tried to boot Ratchet and Clank 1,2 and 3 through both the discs and the iso's(created image file from discs with imgburn) to no avail. I have a pc that's capable of using this emulator(intel i5 2400,8gb ddr3 ram, 1gb ati hd5770,windows 7 ultimate x64) but I just can't play them for some reason. I have taken screenshots of my plugins as well if thats any help. I don't know if I did the right steps to play the games in the first place, if someone could help me with that please! Could it be because my games have a different region to my ps2 bios? I haven't got any speedhacks. Please bear with me cos I'm not the smartest when it comes to this stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks!

Sponsored links

I think its ur GS's settings
dont mind
show a screenshot or just give the configs
CPU : Intel Pentium G2120 @ 3.1Ghz
RAM : 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Mobo : MSI Z77A-G43
GPU : Powercolor HD7790 TurboDuo 1GB
update direct x ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-05-2011, 12:29 PM)xHackell Wrote: I think its ur GS's settings
dont mind
show a screenshot or just give the configs

ok here's my gs settings:

(08-05-2011, 08:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: update direct x ?

I already have dx11....
which dx11 version ? are you sure it's the latest ?
In case, update it.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-06-2011, 12:32 AM)jesalvein Wrote: which dx11 version ? are you sure it's the latest ?
In case, update it.

How do I do that?

His card (same as mine) will automaitcally get updates for directx trhough the CCC
wait...
can ur gpu emulate first?
i saw "Direct3D11(Hardware)"
and u didnt turn interlacing on
CPU : Intel Pentium G2120 @ 3.1Ghz
RAM : 2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance
Mobo : MSI Z77A-G43
GPU : Powercolor HD7790 TurboDuo 1GB
It's great that you have DirectX11, but there still could be files missing and needed.

Run dxwebsetup.exe for the sake of this.
(08-06-2011, 05:59 AM)Rezard Wrote: It's great that you have DirectX11, but there still could be files missing and needed.

Run dxwebsetup.exe for the sake of this.

thanks so much rezard!!!!!!it worked after I ran dxwebsetup.exe.
but now I have another problem....I cant use my pc xbox 360 controller with the games and on my log it says:

Closing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.

why does it say that it's closing the plugins?could that be the problem why I can't use my controller? and also thanks again for the help.

EDIT: I found the problem...i plugged the controller in when pcsx2 had already started, so when I restarted it, it worked!

But the real problems now are(sorry) why does it go at 50fps when im watching a cinematic, but it goes down to 34fps when I'm playing?
and how do I increase the resolution of the game?thanks.