PCSX2 0.9.8 wont load or open?
I recently got a Toshiba Satellite c655-s5514 computer, with a dual core processor, and it was from a friend. I know this laptop can't run PCSX2 decently, if at all, but I thought FFX would atleast run, so I downloaded the PCSX2 0.9.8 installer, and it says " Thread creation failure. An unspecified error occured while trying to create the SysExecutor thread. Press OK to close PCSX2" ?? I also moved the one I was using from my Windows XP onto it, and the SVN build I had, and it says the same thing. What's wrong? D: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Intel Penitum CPU B960 2.20 GHz 2.20 GHz
4.00 GB ram
64-bit operating system.

Sponsored links

looks like a permission problem.
Where did you paste your pcsx2 folder ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:An unspecified error occured while trying to create the SysExecutor thread

it looks like a missing function due to improper placement of MSVC files.
Thank you to the both of you for replying. Smile

My PCSX2 was installed using the web installer, and the other SVN build I tried, I pasted on my desktop. It showed the same error.

Squall - Is there any way to fix that problem? D:
remove any msvcr dlls that you might have downloaded and placed at random an run the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistributables for x86/x64
I'll recommend you start fresh with PCSX2.
I'll suggest some steps, and a way to set up...

Update your services
It is important that DirectX is fully updated. It may display that it's up-to-date, but what are typically non-essential files in standard cases may not be installed. These files are essential to PCSX2.
  • Download and extract the DirectX June 2010 redist on your computer anywhere (you can delete what's extracted when finished). Run the DXSETUP.exe file among what you've extracted.
  • Follow that by running the dxwebsetup.exe file for good measure. Your computer should now have all necessary DirectX files to run PCSX2.
It is also important to have Visual C++ updates.
Download PCSX2 revision(s)
I recommend you start with the latest stable revision, PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600). I will also recommend you choose to download the binary package, and not the installer package. If you choose to download and try SVN revisions, they will come in the binary form anyway, so you may want to be familiar with it.

"Installing" the files
Extract it to a custom folder location of your creation (i.e. not in "Program Files", in "My Documents" or on the Desktop). I'll suggest a base folder for all PCSX2 revisions right on your "C:\" drive. For example, PCSX2 0.9.8 will be in it's own folder in "C:\PCSX2\", and other revision you install later could have their own folders there, too.

The point of all this is to keep PCSX2 independent ("portable") from your operating system, and free of any access restrictions (like when your settings won't save).