PCSX2 0.9.8 works on a good computer, but won't work on an even better computer...
Don't they need to be assigned in the registry or something?

Sponsored links

Apart from malware and low quality software, there're 2 types of software that I hate:
  1. Software that automatically installs other stuff on my computer. VC++ Redist is the most common thing. Now I'm having 9 instances of VC++ Redist show up in Control Panel. I have to track what program installs what instance to correctly remove that instance when removing the program Sad. At least they're less annoying than Microshit Visual Studio and SQL Server. If I were forced to remove Visual Studio or SQL Server from my computer, I would format the partition and reinstall Windows.
  2. Software that requires other stuff to run. dotNET Framework and VC++ are two common thing. In the old company I worked at, they use Visual Studio, but the application does not require VC++ to run. When I asked, they told me they had bundled the DLL into the application.
(10-26-2011, 06:44 PM)Rezard Wrote: Don't they need to be assigned in the registry or something?

Tested and worked on my collage XP computers (was a while ago, should still work).
Those computers already had VC++ redists installed as well as .Net, but lacked DirectX installs.

@livy Hating software that installs software required to run is a bit much (this includes almost every major game, and PCSX2). Although software that installs other unneeded software gets on my nerves.
I'm gonna take your suggestion Ge-Force. I already knew about D3DX9-43.dll, but I never even thought about the D3DCompiler DLL.

I'm in a completely different town at a completely different library on a completely different computer right now, but your suggestion worked on this comp. When I get back to the other library's comp, I'll try it there as well, but I can't try it on my local library's comp until Friday...

EDIT:
It didn't work. Back to ZeroGS.