PCSX2 1.0.0 Upgrade To PCSX2 1.2.1
PCSX2 1.0.0 works perfectly but i have a couple of questions
No.1 If I install pcsx2 1.2.1 will i loose all my saves from PCSX2 1.0.0?
No.2 can I back up my saves?
No.3 Is pcsx2 1.2.1 that much better?

Oh and thank you so much.

Sponsored links

1. Only normal saves (Memory Card) are compatible between version and will work with newer versions. If you used Save States then they will most likely not work.
2. Yes they are located under pcsx2/memcards or My Documents/pcsx2/memcards
3. Depends on the game but for most games its always better to use the newest version.
No.1 no as they should be on the memory cards, and afaik installing the latest version doesn't overwrite them, i would advise making copies of your saves and putting them in a different location
the memory cards are usually in C:\Users\whatever you call your pc\Documents\PCSX2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2 Mcd002.ps2

although if by saves you mean savestates they won't work on the latest 1.2.1 as they aren't really interchangeable

No.2 yes of-cause you can back them up Smile, i often back both savestates and memory cards up, but as stated above savestates aren't really interchangeable

to see what's on them go to CDVD and then where it says No disc click their and then go back to System and do a full boot and voila

when your done just go back to CDVD and put the dot back where it was

No.3 hm it all depends on what pc you have, but generally i'd say yes it's a lot better Smile

hm Grove4L kinda beat me to it Tongue
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
Thank you, both of you for your help and it all makes more sense now. I've found my saves now thanks to both of you so all i have to do is back up my Memory card files, I'll probable back up my Emulation settings while I'm at it (write them down) just in case.

Cheers for the help and the PCSX2 is really good.
is there a change log to the new version, if so where can i see it?