PCSX2 1.0 + ZZOGL 0.4 = only sound in a black screen
Sorry if I'm bringing up a old thread but I had a similar problem and managed to get a partial solution.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 x64 on a Chromebook Pixel (Thus a Core i5-3427U with 4Gb of RAM and 32Gb SSD) and I installed PCSX2 1.3.0-0 from gregory-hainaut ppa. Although the system is 64 bits I'm using the 32 bit build of PCSX2.

In the beginning I was using the libzzogl-0.4.0 plugin but it won't render the game play correctly, although the menus were so-so. I started to use the libGSdx plugin which was broken before but a update to mesa brought it up again.

The first problem that I noticed was that the libCg was missing, at least in form of 32-bit binaries. I noticed by noticing by doing the following in the command line:

Code:
ldd /usr/lib/games/pcsx2/libzzogl-0.4.0.so  | grep Cg

If the Cg libraries are not found so this must be fixed, if you like. Keep in mind that the libraries must be compiled as 32 bit. I had them as 64 bits in my system. I solved this by installing the missing libs directly from the default repositories:

Code:
sudo apt-get install nvidia-cg-toolkit libasound2-dev autoconf x11proto-xf86* glew-utils1.5 joystick

There are some extra packages in the command line that probably won't be needed but that was what the source said to do and it won't hurt to install too much packages and it does if I install to little. Besides, this was to fix libzzogl-0.4.0 so it is very likely that this step is not needed at all since libGSdx doesn't depends on libCg at all.

The second step that I think that was more important was installing the newest version of mesa in the system. I used the packages from the xorg-edgers ppa (link). In order to upgrade the packages in your system you should make:

Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade

But this will only upgrade the 64 bit mesa. Again you should install the 32 bits packages, which has to be done manually. You can accomplish this by doing:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 libgl1-mesa-dri:i386

The libGSdx plugin started working and I can play GT4 now ! .... except that the performance is abysmally low since this is a very slow hardware for this purpose and the redering is done totally in software. I hope this can help anyone else.

Sponsored links