PCSX2 1.00 Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut
For the first 10 mins, the game runs at a constant 60 fps both in the field and in battle. After that, it goes down to 45-55 fps. Any reason as to why is that happening? My specs: Dual Core 2.7ghz Video Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 220 1gb.

Sponsored links

what do the ee% & gs% say when you get slowdowns ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ee 80%+ and gs 15-30%
oh ?
I would have said your GPu was the problem, but it looks like your CPu is struggling a bit.
try enabling recommended speedhacks, + ee cycle rate to 1
It's already set to 1 since I started playing the game. Are there other solutions for this besides upgrading my CPU?
you could try to increase vu cycle stealing o 2. But it'll probably make the game unstable or with gfx glitches
So you start playing in a zone and for the first 10 minutes it works perfectly well, then it slows down... in the same place, right? What happens if you close the emulator and reopen it? Testing with a memcard save and always in the same zone.

If performance is still bad, then it could be overheating. If it's good for another 10 minutes, then it could be something worth checking out.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
I'll do some testing and report back my findings later. I've considered the possibility of overheating but when I was playing Final Fantasy X, I've never experienced sudden drops of fps and that game is even more graphics heavy.
(03-13-2013, 08:02 AM)dhearts27 Wrote: I'll do some testing and report back my findings later. I've considered the possibility of overheating but when I was playing Final Fantasy X, I've never experienced sudden drops of fps and that game is even more graphics heavy.
I don't think so.
FFX is one of the easiest games to emulate under pcsx2.
Then does this mean that this game, which has simpler graphics compared to FFX, eats up more processing speed?