PCSX2 1.1.0.0 freezes on ubuntu
(03-26-2013, 09:58 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Need what is in the file during the crash. So make it crash first then post any log, perhaps in a txt file.

The problem is there isn't a real crash, it just freezes like if it needs too memory to run. I have checked the file before and after the kill of the application, the content is always the same.

Sponsored links

ZZogl can be stubborn. I have personally had it freeze 5 or 6 times in a row. I go into my system monitor and kill it. All of a sudden it will work.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Are you sure that you're 32 bits GPU drivers is correctly installed?
32 bits and 64 bits drivers come installed on Ubuntu if you use sudo apt-get install fglrx, or the GUI equivalent via Software Sources screen. Ubuntu is nice like that. Biggrin

Quote: dpkg -l fglrx

Code:
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Nome Versione Descrizione
+++-==============-==============-============================================
ii fglrx 2:8.960-0ubunt Video driver for the AMD graphics accelerato

This was from dethyr quote first page.

Installed don't mean that it is really working Wink

The log suggest that it failed to create the opengl context. It work on my HD5770, maybe I need to recompile latest PCSX2.

dethyr, can you do a "dpkg -l |grep pcsx2 -i"
my pcsx2 screens all go dark after 3 to 4 seconds and i have to force close. the emu system win. said elf does not have a path and im still new to ubuntu and it took me on and off between work and gigs to get it to run on here but using the terminal is still a choppy hit or miss on my end. can you guys help me? thanks Smile

intel hd graphics-2000
HardDrive: 1TB
Ubuntu 12.10
intel gpu does not support high enough opengl to work correctly.

(04-22-2013, 06:59 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: intel gpu does not support high enough opengl to work correctly.

with what ubuntu or in general it worked fine on windows so
Intel mesa gpu driver on Linux does not support a high enough OpenGL version to run pcsx2. I think 2014 will be the year it supports 3.3. 3.3 is the bare minimum to run on GSdx, with >= 4.2 preferred. You "might" get it to run on ZZogl, but not totally sure.

(04-24-2013, 04:13 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Intel mesa gpu driver on Linux does not support a high enough OpenGL version to run pcsx2. I think 2014 will be the year it supports 3.3. 3.3 is the bare minimum to run on GSdx, with >= 4.2 preferred. You "might" get it to run on ZZogl, but not totally sure.

well ive updated all info software and drivers i believe on ubuntu 13.04 just updated. and i on have open gl hard/soft on the windows version through wine it makes the ps2 sound no video after logo"whoop" it does nothing more but program doesnt freeze the linux one does every time
and my intel i5 is latest as of last may or june :/ plus im having a time with the sixaxis controller working i cant seem to find or getwhat i need :/ im getting better at linx but still eh..