PCSX2 1.1 in Ubuntu 12.10 freeze.
Hi friends, i've tried your emulator in linux and the program freeze when i try to open a game.

I think that is the NULL graphics plugin, because i've tried with other and works, but the image is so bad.
I use linux kernel 3.6.2.

Is there any fix for this?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Computer specs?
(10-27-2012, 11:11 AM)The Walking Glitch Wrote: Computer specs?

Core2Duo 2GHZ with 4GB RAM, and Ati Radeon HD3650 256MB shared.

I know that the Pc have low specs, but some games works. The problem is that the program freezes before game starts.

I've tried the windows in windows 7, and works fine in this PC (tried with 0.9.6).
Try updating to the latest version.
Which version did you get? What GS plugin did you use?
(10-27-2012, 11:29 AM)The Walking Glitch Wrote: Try updating to the latest version.

I've installed the PPA. I have the 1.1.0 version.

(10-27-2012, 11:33 AM)gregory Wrote: Which version did you get? What GS plugin did you use?

The GSNull Driver 0.1.0 (libGSnull), and i've tried the ZZ Ogl PG CG 0.3.0 (libzzogl-cg-0.3.0) from 1.0 package (ppa don't install it), the GSNull freezes the program, and the other shows a bad image.

I've the lastest 3D driver and even works 3D windows games with wine.
Freeze, you can change the VUs setting into Nearest and None. I do it and work well.

Or maybe you not use official vendor GPU driver / module likes : fglrx or nvidia ?
(10-27-2012, 02:56 PM)setiajie82 Wrote: Freeze, you can change the VUs setting into Nearest and None. I do it and work well.

Or maybe you not use official vendor GPU driver / module likes : fglrx or nvidia ?

Now don't freeze, but null is null and don't show anything. The other still showing bad image.

I'm using fglrx, because the official driver is not compatible with my kernel, and give me a lot of problems (unity dissapear and monitor resolution don't work.)
For the GS plugin:
1/ try GSdx SW renderer.
2/ For zzogl, you need to ensure that you driver didn't force anisotropic filtering. (see attached picture for fglrx)
(10-27-2012, 03:20 PM)gregory Wrote: For the GS plugin:
1/ try GSdx SW renderer.
2/ For zzogl, you need to ensure that you driver didn't force anisotropic filtering. (see attached picture for fglrx)

I don't have catalyst because fail in my PC (kernel problems), and the program don't load that plugin, give me an error:

Path: /usr/lib/games/pcsx2/libGSdx-0.1.16.so
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: /usr/lib/games/pcsx2/libGSdx-0.1.16.so