PCSX2 1.4.0 WineSkin macOS High Sierra Issues?
So, I've been trying to get a WineSkin port of PCSX2 running on macOS High Sierra 10.13 GM Candidate, and it all installs perfectly, but when I go to run an ISO I can hear audio just fine, but no video is present. It doesn't matter which GSDX plugin version is selected. It's always the same result. I watched and followed this person's video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31jtWNCc6oc

and I did exactly as he did to the T. I'm beginning to suspect that there are WineSkin/WINE issues with High Sierra. Can anyone confirm that for me? It's frankly annoying the crap out of me. I'm able to run it under/using CrossOver, but why does it not run on WineSkin? It baffles me to no end.

I'm going to install Sierra again into a VM just to see if the video loads properly, of course I don't expect there to be great performance, since it'll be in a VM.

Thanks,
Shiggitay

Sponsored links

Well Wine is just a wrapper aka compatibility layer for DirectX. Not everything is going to work perfect...
(09-25-2017, 02:18 AM)CK1 Wrote: Well Wine is just a wrapper aka compatibility layer for DirectX. Not everything is going to work perfect...

I know that. lol. but I'm just wondering if there are slight API etc changes in High Sierra that's causing me issues.
So I just tried to load up the WineSkin port I made and it won't even load in the VM properly.... though that's to be expected, since it was in a VM.
I'm not sure if you have resolved this or not, but there is an issue with High Sierra that can be fixed but turning off the Auto-detect GPU Info option in the screen settings of Wineskin.

If it is turned on, the app will fail to launch. (It's a bit different to your description, but I can confirm PCSX2 runs fine on High Sierra now).
(10-14-2017, 06:11 AM)MacUser Wrote: I'm not sure if you have resolved this or not, but there is an issue with High Sierra that can be fixed but turning off the Auto-detect GPU Info option in the screen settings of Wineskin.

If it is turned on, the app will fail to launch. (It's a bit different to your description, but I can confirm PCSX2 runs fine on High Sierra now).

I second that. By disabling the Auto-Detect GPU (and optionally also enabling the 3D boost if present) the issues with black screen when running the emulator were eliminated.