PCSX2 1.6.0 - Burnout 3 - Takedown and Burnout Revenge - Splitscreen feels slower
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you something about Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge on PCSX2. When I play in singleplayer game feels very smooth, it feels 60 fps, but when I change mode to splitscreen with 2 players the game becomes slower in my opinion. It feels like 30 fps or less. So my question is if there is fix for that or is that engine bound problem? I met this issue for example in Yuzu emulator while playing Mario Kart 8 with 3+ players in splitscreen, it occured because of engine limitation.

If there is fix for that it would be great if you post it in comments, I mean it's playable but if it can be better then why not?

I'm using PCSX2 1.6.0 version, CPU: i3 10100F, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1, RAM: 16GB DDR4

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

It may cap the frame rate to the 30 fps for the performance reasons, but it does not mean the game runs slower. It is not a PCSX2 issue, as it should play like that on the original hardware too.
(11-27-2022, 05:07 PM)Mitsuschi Wrote: Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you something about Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge on PCSX2. When I play in singleplayer game feels very smooth, it feels 60 fps, but when I change mode to splitscreen with 2 players the game becomes slower in my opinion. It feels like 30 fps or less. So my question is if there is fix for that or is that engine bound problem? I met this issue for example in Yuzu emulator while playing Mario Kart 8 with 3+ players in splitscreen, it occured because of engine limitation.

If there is fix for that it would be great if you post it in comments, I mean it's playable but if it can be better then why not?

I'm using PCSX2 1.6.0 version, CPU: i3 10100F, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1, RAM: 16GB DDR4

Thanks in advance!
Yes   there is many patches now for 60fps in 2p split screen for the Burnout games,BURNOUT 3 TAKEDOWN,BURNOUT REVENGE and BURNOUT DOMINATOR in the latest nightly pcsx2 builds INBUILT to the emulator when you load the US  NTSC BURNOUTS in the new patches area and they work great and allow you to achieve 60fps in 2p modes.(I WISH they would make some 60 fps split screen patches for the first 2 burnouts as well(BURNOUT   and BURNOUT 2 POINT OF IMPACT...)These patches are labelled as 60 FPS in menus and crashes in the PATCHES but they also make it 60 fps in 2p splitscreen mode too!!!!!.I just wish someone could fix the LENS FLARE  lighting problems that ONLY happens   for the 2nd player in 2 player mode in all of the burnout games in pcsx2   causing vertical random lines and flashes every so often,while NOT  game breaking is annoying for whoever is player 2 and is WORSE on some tracks than others. Cheers mateys!
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go