PCSX2 1.6.0 application error 0xc000007b
Hi everyone! So yeah, i have a problem with latest version of PCSX2 emulator. When i'm trying to launch it then it gives me application error with 0xc000007b code. I have no idea how to solve it. I tried everything, literally! I installed all libraries like runtime, directx etc and updated them to the latest. I googled a tons of fixes, tried them and nothing helped. So yeah, i basically gived up on this point. If you guys can't help me then i have no idea what i will do. I listed my PC specs below. Sure, it is not the best PC but still, it can run many other emulators, including Dolphin and PPSSPP perfectly, so why does this happens to me with PCSX2 emulator i have no idea. And YES, old version of PCSX2 emulator works but they run very slow with many games except few, like Capcom vs Snk 2, Contra Shattered Soldier, Neo Contra and Sega Ages games.

My PC specs:

Motherboard: GA-945PLM-S2 from Gigabyte with Intel Core 2 Duo support.
Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz
RAM: 2 GB DDR2
Videocard: ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO
Hard Drive: 1 Terabyte memory

Sponsored links

The reason you're getting that error is because you need to install the newest C++ runtimes.

As for the speed, the new version wouldn't be any better, your CPU is terrible and about 15 years old, you really should upgrade
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(12-20-2020, 01:45 AM)refraction Wrote: The reason you're getting that error is because you need to install the newest C++ runtimes.

As for the speed, the new version wouldn't be any better, your CPU is terrible and about 15 years old, you really should upgrade

But i already installed C++ runtime and updated it to the latest. And, if my CPU is terrible then why it runs other emulators perfectly? Like Dolphin emulator or PPSSPP emulator. Those working great with high speed and all that.
1 - GIve this a try

2 - Are dolphin and PPSSPP able to run PS2 games ? if the answer is "no", then the comparison is irrelevant.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-20-2020, 11:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 - GIve this a try

2 - Are dolphin and PPSSPP able to run PS2 games ? if the answer is "no", then the comparison is irrelevant.

1. I will. Thanks.
UPD: I can't, because it gives me error: 410 Gone.

2. Yes they are! I didn't played too much games on them, but those that i played and still playing are working fine. On PPSSPP side it's the games like: Iron Man 2, Mortal Kombat Unchained, Spider-Man 3, Star Wars The Force Unleashed and few other games. And on Dolphin side it's: Batman Rise of Sin Tzu, Batman Begins, The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, all of the Mortal Kombat games starting from MKDA and ending with MKA, Soul Calibur 2 and X-Men Legends 1. All of those games runs perfectly. Sure, there is some little fps drops, but key word is "little" thus not problematic or gamebreaking.  

So, if i'm able to play those games and run those two emulators perfectly then why i can't do the same with PCSX2?
I don't think you get what i said.
Are those emus able to play real PS2 games ? Of course, I'm not talking about The GC/PSP/Wii ports of those games you named. I mean : if you pop your real PS2 DVD in your PC and try to launch it through Dolphin or PPSSPP, does it run ?
If the answer is Yes, can you please show a proof ?
(12-20-2020, 07:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I don't think you get what i said.
Are those emus able to play real PS2 games ? Of course, I'm not talking about The GC/PSP/Wii ports of those games you named. I mean : if you pop your real PS2 DVD in your PC and try to launch it through Dolphin or PPSSPP, does it run ?
If the answer is Yes, can you please show a proof ?

I don't have real PS2 games on DVD because i never had any of those consoles. I only try to play those games from those consoles via emulators and that's it. Also i don't know if those emulators are ebale to run PS2 games because those are PS2 games and not PSP or Wii.
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.