PCSX2 Alternative Configurations
Processor: AMD Athlon II 2x 250 Processor, ~3.0GHz
Memory: 3326MB RAM (4GB?)
DirectX: v11
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Display: 1440x900 (32bit) (60Hz)

About a year ago I had an older version of PCSX2 and had spent quite some time downloading and configuring different plugins and had it perfected, could run every game I tried with no ingame lag, ran just like it did on the console. Now, I reformatted my computer about three months ago as normal, everything properly installed, I always keep everything updated, in between my reformat and now my NVIDIA had an update and I somehow obtained DirectX11, while prior I had v10, I don't know if that has any impact.

I felt like playing, so I downloaded the latest PCSX2 version, 0.9.8 (r4600), and I'm lagging around 30fps ingame for all games I'm trying to play, unable to use the older version with my old configurations just to note, I've followed multiple recommendations for settings, tutorials, even videos and .ini files, still isn't smooth. I know it's very possible to run it with no lag as my prior experience last year, so any suggestions or different attempts I can try please post as I'm out of ideas on what I can do now on my own.

If there's any additional information I can provide, let me know.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
what version was your "Past experience"