PCSX2 Beta 1888 on Windows 7 x64 and FFX ... NICE!
Tried both of your suggestions and unfortunately, overall performance actually decreased by 5 - 10%
Also, when enabling the mcroVU min/max the menu screens were no longer running at 100%

Quite perplexing. I took a closer look at the processor difference and it looks like xeno has 200mhz faster but less than half L2 and L3 cache than myself. Hopefully, he/she will shed some light on this soon...

As far as EE sync hacks versus VU hacks, what is a general rule of thumb?
I've read to not enable both types simultaneously but that is all I can comment on it.

I will test different EE / VU hacks tomorrow morning and get back to you all.

Sponsored links

That's very odd. As far as I know, there's absolutely no reason that you should ever LOSE performance from decreasing the clamping options.
Ok after running down a rabbit hole and dual booting Windows 7 via VHD, I can conclude this is another issue entirely.
Apparently, running Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 and Hyper-V enabled does not give 100% performance, just somewhat limited.
This is not specific to having Virtual Machines running concurrently (those I did stop while testing), but only having the Server Role installed. I'll write this one down next time somebody claims Hyper-V's performance is on par with bare metal...

Once I installed Windows 7 x64 and Direct X runtimes and used the same config on a new installation of PCSX2 Beta r1888, FFX started just fine and performance is 99-100%.

Thanks for the help though, much appreciated.