PCSX2 CE-Out Of Memory Error
and now check it during the out of memory error.

Sponsored links

(07-09-2014, 07:53 PM)willkuer Wrote: and now check it during the out of memory error.

[Image: ram1_zps5be64476.jpg]

as you can see, i still have RAM available, but it tells me I'm out.

-Sin
Yes but 200MB is not that much (considering you have 4GB total it is only 5% free)... Can you try to disable some demanding background processes?

Have you tried setting gsdx renderer to null-mode or using gsnull as plugin during saving (I am not completely sure if you can change the plugin during emulation but changing the renderer-output to Hardware(Null), Software(Null) or Null(Null) should work)? Maybe this solves your problem.
(07-08-2014, 10:50 AM)rama Wrote: Oh I didn't see this is the Mac section Tongue2
You're probably not using GSdx then so the option doesn't exist.

He probably does use GSdx, which works fine on mac in both SW and HW modes.
(07-09-2014, 10:13 PM)willkuer Wrote: Yes but 200MB is not that much (considering you have 4GB total it is only 5% free)... Can you try to disable some demanding background processes?

Have you tried setting gsdx renderer to null-mode or using gsnull as plugin during saving (I am not completely sure if you can change the plugin during emulation but changing the renderer-output to Hardware(Null), Software(Null) or Null(Null) should work)? Maybe this solves your problem.

where in PCSX2 CE can i change these settings, cause i don't see them.

UPDATE: Ok i found the GSdx plugins. Im using GSdx 0 (MSVC 16.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [GSdx32-SSE2] Should i change it to something else?

-Sin
I don't have pcsx2-ce. But I think this should have been ported as well.

So first option is to change the whole plugin during emulation: plugin/bios-selection : GSplugin : Select GSNull.dll (if available) (this is what you found)
BTW. for general use it is recommended to use [GSdx32-x] with x=AVX/AVX2 or the highest number after sse ( AVX2 > AVX > SSE4.1 > SSSE3 > SSE2 ) But I don't know if these plugins are available.

Second option is to go to gs: plugin settings : select renderer -> Hardware(Null), Software(Null) or Null(Null)

In either case you will just see a blackscreen. But you can change it back after making the screenshot.
(07-09-2014, 11:14 PM)willkuer Wrote: I don't have pcsx2-ce. But I think this should have been ported as well.

So first option is to change the whole plugin during emulation: plugin/bios-selection : GSplugin : Select GSNull.dll (if available) (this is what you found)
BTW. for general use it is recommended to use [GSdx32-x] with x=AVX/AVX2 or the highest number after sse ( AVX2 > AVX > SSE4.1 > SSSE3 > SSE2 ) But I don't know if these plugins are available.

Second option is to go to gs: plugin settings : select renderer -> Hardware(Null), Software(Null) or Null(Null)

In either case you will just see a blackscreen. But you can change it back after making the screenshot.

Ok, here are my options:

[Image: GS_zps12a7df64.jpg]

I see both of what you spoke of.

So, if you were to choose the GS plugin, which one would you use on this list?

-Sin
also, if i try to change the GS plugin, it tells me that it has to shut down and restart.

so "hot swapping" plugins isn't any option to resolve my issues.

-Sin
Ok than hot swapping renderer.
In the window that you show chose the avx plugin as gs plugin.
Then click on configure next to the drop-down list or click on configure/gs(plugin)/plugin settings (or similar) in the top menu of the main window.

There should be somewhere writen Direct3D9 (Hardware) or something similar. During emulation you can swap that mode to some available NULL mode.
After you choose the plugin and close this dialog, from the main menu: Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin settings.

As for SSE2/AVX/etc, they only affect software renderer, and regardless, they're highly overrated, i.e. they don't make that much of a difference, if at all, and only with SW renderer anyway.

My suggestion: make everything work with the SSE2 plugin, and once it works, try one of the other variants. Or just leave it with SSE2 and that's it, you most probably won't be able to tell the difference anyway.