PCSX2 CE-Out Of Memory Error
So I've been using PCSX2 CE since yesterday and every things been doing pretty good, for the most part.

I just tried to save (save state) and i get an error that its out of memory!

Whats that all about??

How can i save my game(s) if its out of memory?

HELP!!

UPDATE: Ok, so i think its just an issue with X-Men Legends 2. I can only save once. If i try to save again, i get the "out of memory" message. If i try to load the save state, it says its empty. So, i basically can't play this game. Sad
-Sin

Sponsored links

The game must be triggering a resource problem that makes some part of the emulator use too much memory.
Usually it's GSdx, so try running the game in software mode.
(07-08-2014, 02:24 AM)rama Wrote: The game must be triggering a resource problem that makes some part of the emulator use too much memory.
Usually it's GSdx, so try running the game in software mode.

where in CE is this option?

thanks!!!

-Sin
Oh I didn't see this is the Mac section Tongue2
You're probably not using GSdx then so the option doesn't exist.
I recommend using the Windows build via Bootcamp on any Mac.
(07-08-2014, 10:50 AM)rama Wrote: Oh I didn't see this is the Mac section Tongue2
You're probably not using GSdx then so the option doesn't exist.
I recommend using the Windows build via Bootcamp on any Mac.

Na. Thats ok! lol!

PCSX2 CE is playing perfectly fine, for the most part. i have *almost* no issues with any other game i try, except X-Men Legends 2.

Ill just skip it for now until someone on here can help fix the issue.

-Sin
Ok, so now its happened to X-Men Legends 1 as well!

So, thats 2 games this has happened to now.

Does anyone here have a suggestion on how to avoid this issue.

Again, I'm using PCSX2 CE

-Sin
Can you check your ram usage? Just to check if it is your physical ram that is limited, or the internal gs buffer?

I don't know if there is something like a 4gb patch for mac but this could solve your problem...
(07-09-2014, 07:05 PM)willkuer Wrote: Can you check your ram usage? Just to check if it is your physical ram that is limited, or the internal gs buffer?

I don't know if there is something like a 4gb patch for mac but this could solve your problem...

how would i check that? the activity monitor?

i know i need more RAM in my mac mini, so I'm not sure if it really is something as simple as me only having 4Gb of ram.

-Sin
Probably you have something like a taskmanager/processmanager? It should be written there how much ram is used by pcsx2.

pcsx2 is a 32-bit application and can not use more than 4GB. Maybe you need 4.2GB to create the savestate. A 4GB patch changes 32-bit applications so that they can use more than 4GB Ram.

Maybe you can also try to switch to GSNull as output before making the savestate. And switch back after loading/saving them.
(07-09-2014, 07:37 PM)willkuer Wrote: Probably you have something like a taskmanager/processmanager? It should be written there how much ram is used by pcsx2.

pcsx2 is a 32-bit application and can not use more than 4GB. Maybe you need 4.2GB to create the savestate. A 4GB patch changes 32-bit applications so that they can use more than 4GB Ram.

Maybe you can also try to switch to GSNull as output before making the savestate. And switch back after loading/saving them.

[Image: ram_zps5255ea79.jpg]