PCSX2-CE for Mac (Wineskin) Oct 2015 Guide
@azores
So it is solved? I coudnt exactly follow...

@gefahrlich
You have a logs folder somewhere close to your pcsx2.exe. Inside is an emulog.txt . after you reproduced the crash please upload this txt file.

Sponsored links

Sorry.. I forgot to edit it.. No, unfortunately I got the same problem. At first an error appeared and disappeared. Now with dsound.. it disappear as well and refused.
What is the new error message?
Can you check the status of available dx installation packages in wineskin?
I did some fixing, and i got passed the part I was stuck on. Now I'm just having a problem running ISO files. I tried on multiple files and keep getting this message

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-05-2016, 12:34 AM)willkuer Wrote: What is the new error message?
Can you check the status of available dx installation packages in wineskin?

After that, I run the iso file again. It just... disappeared! There is no new error message this time.

What dx installation packages should I look at ? I just followed the instruction in the page 1 but it didn't say anything about dx installation.
(01-04-2016, 11:01 PM)willkuer Wrote: @azores:
Try to use dsound instead of xaudio if available.
(Config -> audio -> spu2-x plugin configuration / somewhere in the top right corner)

Hi Willkuer,

Just so you know, XAudio is not supported by Wine yet. We have to use Portaudio instead. It's mentioned in the guide.

(01-04-2016, 04:20 PM)azoreseuropa Wrote: I followed the instruction. When I run the iso and it just shut down immediately. Yes, I have bios and everything. Not a nebwie since I used PCSX2 version of Windows for a long time before I move to Mac.

Error:

Failed to init XAudio2 engine, XA2 may not be available on your system.
Ensure that you have the latest DirectX runtimes installed, or use
Directx / WaveOut drivers instead. Error Details: (code 0x80040154)

Unknown error code!

You have to use Portaudio, XAudio is not supported by Wine

(01-05-2016, 01:18 AM)azoreseuropa Wrote: After that, I run the iso file again. It just... disappeared! There is no new error message this time.

What dx installation packages should I look at ? I just followed the instruction in the page 1 but it didn't say anything about dx installation.

It's mentioned in the guide. Use winetricks to install d3dx_36 and vcrun2015. It takes a long time to download and install, make sure you wait until it says it's finished.

Do you use portaudio because it is better than dsound or does it not work with dsound? I read somewhere that dsound should be supported by wine thats why i recommended it. I was half aware that xaudio doesnt work with pcsx2 wine. So better portaudio than dsound?
(01-05-2016, 09:40 AM)willkuer Wrote: Do you use portaudio because it is better than dsound or does it not work with dsound? I read somewhere that dsound should be supported by wine thats why i recommended it. I was half aware that xaudio doesnt work with pcsx2. So better portaudio than dsound?

It does technically work (which is new, because it never worked for me before. I guess Wine improved over the last year). 

However I get a huge slowdown with directsound. For now I think Portaudio is the best solution. 

XAudio is actually being worked on in Wine at the moment, but proper support is not there yet.
Well, I used PCSX2 folder instead of PCSX2 CE, that's why. However, I go ahead with PCSX2 CE and replace old file for a new one. It works fine with dsound.

However, I got a slowdown most of the time with dsound. Portaudio ? I didn't see it on my PCSX2 emulator plugin at all. Can you help me out ? Thanks.
(01-05-2016, 03:32 PM)azoreseuropa Wrote: Well, I used PCSX2 folder instead of PCSX2 CE, that's why. However, I go ahead with PCSX2 CE and replace old file for a new one. It works fine with dsound.

However, I got a slowdown most of the time with dsound. Portaudio ? I didn't see it on my PCSX2 emulator plugin at all. Can you help me out ? Thanks.

Under configuration, go to Audio (SPU2) Plugin settings. There should be a pull down menu "Module" under the output settings which you can change to Portaudio. Good luck.