PCSX2-CE for Mac (Wineskin) Oct 2015 Guide
EVERYONE HAVING TROUBLE READ THIS

I'm sorry for breaking the rules, promise it was the last time I ever post.

Please don't search youtube for certain things, you might find something you don't want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuQLMXyGQOE

Goodbye

Sponsored links

next time, read the forum rules, or refrain from posting. thanks
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
what program can i use so my controller can connect to the pcsx2?
(12-12-2016, 05:39 AM)8bitbox Wrote: I initially ran into an issue where the wineskin.app in the PCSX2-CE.app wrapper package contents wouldn't open - it would just hang and say "wine is busy...".  I circumvented this by replacing the wineskin.app with a clean copy from application support folder for wineskin winery (after running updates, etc).  

All of these instructions worked perfectly.  Everything is installed.  However, when i click on PCSX2-CE.app... nothing happens. No error.  No message.  Nothing.  If I go into package contents, run wineskin.app, and run a "test", the emulator fires up no problem.  

Any thoughts on how to get PCSX2-CE.app wrapper to open??  

FYI - Running 10.12.1; 1.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Did you find a workaround by now? I have the same problem
hi I'm trying this app on macOS 10.12.3

and pcsx2 is not even lunching

is there any thing i can do?
(03-07-2017, 12:46 PM)dosenbier Wrote: Did you find a workaround by now? I have the same problem

I did.  I'll try to post my full process later this week, but in the meantime... you have to create your own wineskin from scratch.  

Download  PCSX2 1.4.0.  
Download Wineskin Winery
In winery, update to: Wineskin 2.6.2
Download engine: WS9Wine 1.9.21; Create a wrapper and name it "PCSX2"
Open package contents of the wrapper, and open the wineskin
Set: Screen options: Use Mac driver instead of x11

Install: Download a copy of DirectX9 installer, and install it manually in the wineskin
Advanced: install the following within winetricks in this order
- msxml3
- VCrun2010
- VCrun2015

After that, re-open the wineskin in the package contents and install PCSX2 1.4.0 via the installer, but make sure to deselect everything in the installer except for PCSX2.  It will crash if you don't.

... If you run into issues with winetricks or plugins, I'll try to post my workarounds later.  I had to modify some code (for winetricks v "...007" v "...005"), copy the PCSX2 icon from the CE build (for asthetics), and some alternate plugins from a different PCSX2 build (specifically to get a USB PS4 controller to work).  

Good luck!

***update***

I tested the gameplay last night with FFXII (which is the only reason I'm doing all of this). I tinkered with the emulation settings, audio, and resolution (mostly applying whatever is fastest), and the game works better and looks better than it ever did on PS2 or windows. Mission accomplished.
(03-13-2017, 06:14 PM)8bitbox Wrote: I did.  I'll try to post my full process later this week, but in the meantime... you have to create your own wineskin from scratch.  

Download  PCSX2 1.4.0.  
Download Wineskin Winery
In winery, update to: Wineskin 2.6.2
Download engine: WS9Wine 1.9.21; Create a wrapper and name it "PCSX2"
Open package contents of the wrapper, and open the wineskin
Set: Screen options: Use Mac driver instead of x11

Install: Download a copy of DirectX9 installer, and install it manually in the wineskin
Advanced: install the following within winetricks in this order
- msxml3
- VCrun2010
- VCrun2015

After that, re-open the wineskin in the package contents and install PCSX2 1.4.0 via the installer, but make sure to deselect everything in the installer except for PCSX2.  It will crash if you don't.

... If you run into issues with winetricks or plugins, I'll try to post my workarounds later.  I had to modify some code (for winetricks v "...007" v "...005"), copy the PCSX2 icon from the CE build (for asthetics), and some alternate plugins from a different PCSX2 build (specifically to get a USB PS4 controller to work).  

Good luck!

***update***

I tested the gameplay last night with FFXII (which is the only reason I'm doing all of this).  I tinkered with the emulation settings, audio, and resolution (mostly applying whatever is fastest), and the game works better and looks better than it ever did on PS2 or windows.  Mission accomplished.

coulld you maybe help me? what can programm can i use for connecting my controller to the macbook? so i can play through ps4 controller
(03-13-2017, 06:14 PM)8bitbox Wrote: ***update***

I tested the gameplay last night with FFXII (which is the only reason I'm doing all of this).  I tinkered with the emulation settings, audio, and resolution (mostly applying whatever is fastest), and the game works better and looks better than it ever did on PS2 or windows.  Mission accomplished.

Huge thanks! Everything booted up! Just one problem was with direct x, (I started with https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=8109).
The problem that I have now is joystick... ps3 or ps4, would be appreciated for your config... thank you!
how can i play through a controller
Hi there! I followed the guide best I could but when I try to start a game it gives some kind of audio or gs plugin error then crashes. Is there a way to get through this problem? I really would appreciate the help. I'm so close